Digital Foundry: PS5 UI innovative and borderline revolutionary

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ultimately, everything we've seen so far of the new user interface suggests a degree of innovation that may well border on outright revolution
, depending on how developers choose to use the tools delivered by the new cards system. In theory, the sky's the limit, but certainly in the here and now, the focus is on easily accessing more content within a particular title - and maximising the return from what may be a limited amount of gameplay time. But the good news is that it's all wrapped in a high quality, polished menu system that will be familiar to PlayStation 4 gamers, while evoking memories of the slick PS3 user interface.

"We do care about the beauty of the UI, which is, of course, going to be of a PlayStation quality," enthuses Hideaki Nishino. "But at the same time, we really want to make sure the customer can fully utilise their time for engaging with the game. And there was a conversation with developers and creators: they sometimes feel kind of sad, because now the game scope is huge and the game world is huge - and people may not see the whole picture of the game. So how we can bring them more into the games? I know, there is a menu system and a scene system in the game that can show the customer the various options in the game.

Our first look at the PlayStation 5 user interface - and it could be a game-changer | Eurogamer

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Which will be the better game and are your willing to bet on it. If not, you don't even stand by you :wow:

And again, whoever cared that much about a consoles UI? Just don't be slow and unresponsive and I'm good. That's not gonna be an issue moving forward so I'll take higher frame rates and resolution in games over the dashboard.

I'M CERTAIN EVERYONE CIRCLE JERKING IN THIS THREAD FEELS THE SAME (pause)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Which will be the better game and are your willing to bet on it. If not, you don't even stand by you :wow:

And again, whoever cared that much about a consoles UI? Just don't be slow and unresponsive and I'm good. That's not gonna be an issue moving forward so I'll take higher frame rates and resolution in games over the dashboard.

:mjlol:
Whole posts reeks of...

tenor.gif

latest

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money

:camby:

Having the definitive version of multiplat games (you know, 90% of our gaming catalogue) doesnt matter

Having access to a much more extensive game library from the jump doesnt matter

Having a higher internal memory from the jump doesnt matter

I mean that stuff is actually gaming related
Its 2020 high resolutions dashboards its where its at :blessed:

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Having the definitive version of multiplat games (you know, 90% of our gaming catalogue) doesnt matter

Having a higher internal memory rom the jump doesnt matter

:mjlol:

The final blow to this goof will be third party comparison videos looking virtually the same , but I’m sure Xclowns will act like they can tell the difference

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Having a higher internal memory rom the jump doesnt matter

We got the definitive UI resolution though:lolbron: