Diddy To Star In "King Of New York" Remake

MINT

All Star
Daps
Diddy teams up with director-producer Brian Grazer on a "King of New York" remake.

Diddy has linked up with Oscar-winning director-producer Brian Grazer to produce the remake of Abel Ferrara's 1990 King of New York.

Following his recently launched music television network Revolt, Diddy is set to take on the lead role in the film, as per pagesix.com.

The film, which is set to be produced with Grazer's Imagine Entertainment company, will remake the drama from the original film, which starred Christopher Walken, Laurence Fishburne, and Wesley Snipes. The story is about a former drug lord who returns from jail with a plan to annihilate his competition while giving back to the community.

Grazer recently spoke on how this project is something Diddy has had his eyes on for some time now.

"Sean ["Diddy" Combs] optioned the rights to remake King of New York for two years," Grazer said, as per pagesix.com. "The film is a cult classic, and it will be great to remake it. Our version won't be exactly the same, but will have the same hardcore gangster feel. Sean wants to be in it. He was amazing in Monster's Ball, and such strong characters sit perfectly with him."

Diddy and Grazer hope to start production on the film as early as next year, according to pagesix.com.

In 2001, Diddy appeared in Monster's Ball. In 2005, Diddy acted in Carlito's Way: Rise To Power and in 2008, Diddy was an actor in A Raising In The Sun. In 2010, Diddy was featured in Get Him To The Greek.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26036/title.diddy-to-star-in-king-of-new-york-remake

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
God damn these dudes gotta be surrounded by yes men. You mean to tell me one person involved in this couldn't pull Puffy to the side like "this is a terrible idea, you're a terrible actor, just fall back and be rich"?

Fred.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
God damn these dudes gotta be surrounded by yes men. You mean to tell me one person involved in this couldn't pull Puffy to the side like "this is a terrible idea, you're a terrible actor, just fall back and be rich"?

Fred.

im still waiting for cuban link to play son of tony in scarface 2 as promised

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

Fred.

Fred ....this is what happens when people let art get comprimised by commerce

im totally convinced Glazer took an extra check just to say thay bullshyt:

"He was amazing in Monsters Ball"

:russ:

nothing is SACRED....everything and everybody has a price tag

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fred ....this is what happens when people let art get comprimised by commerce

im totally convinced Glazer took an extra check just to say thay bullshyt:

"He was amazing in Monsters Ball"

nothing is SACRED....everything and everybody has a price tag

I guess I'm not cut out for that life man. I'm not saying if he cut a check I wouldn't take it....but I seriously doubt I could sit there and lie to him, and everyone else, about his acting abilities and/or how well suited he is to be in "King of New York".

Me: :patrice::rudy:"Uh....yeah man....you could be Frank White....I guess".

Fred.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I guess I'm not cut out for that life man. I'm not saying if he cut a check I wouldn't take it....but I seriously doubt I could sit there and lie to him, and everyone else, about his acting abilities and/or how well suited he is to be in "King of New York".

Me: :patrice::rudy:"Uh....yeah man....you could be Frank White....I guess".

Fred.

My sentiments exactly
its insane...

whats next BIRDMAN buys the rights to the Godfather and chooses to play the role of DON CORLEONE?!