Diddy To Star In "King Of New York" Remake

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
Not sure I can accept Diddy playing Kendrick. The scenes where he writes his own songs will be especially hard to believe.
The+Rock+Clapping.gif

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Eh nah not really. The "Scarface" movie from 1932 was based on a novel by Armitage Trail. Outside of a couple plot points the '83 movie has very little in common with the '32 one.

Fred.

Last time I saw the featurettes etc on the DVD everyone acknowledged that I was a remake and they were just updating it for the 80s. A different location and different ethnicity but it was to reflect what was happening in the times. In today's terms I think they would call it a reboot probably or reinterpretation or reimagining with their bullshyt terms to get away with unoriginal story lines and using old movies and tv

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Last time I saw the featurettes etc on the DVD everyone acknowledged that I was a remake and they were just updating it for the 80s. A different location and different ethnicity but it was to reflect what was happening in the times. In today's terms I think they would call it a reboot probably or reinterpretation or reimagining with their bullshyt terms to get away with unoriginal story lines and using old movies and tv

Well it was the 80s and they were probably coked out of their minds in real life. The 80s version has very little in common with the 30s one, outside of a couple plot points.

It might've been something like whoever owned the rights to the name "Scarface" made them say it's a remake if they wanted to use any part of the story. Other than that, I dunno. A reboot would probably be a more accurate term.

Fred.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I guess I'm not cut out for that life man. I'm not saying if he cut a check I wouldn't take it....but I seriously doubt I could sit there and lie to him, and everyone else, about his acting abilities and/or how well suited he is to be in "King of New York".

Me: :patrice::rudy:"Uh....yeah man....you could be Frank White....I guess".

Fred.

what's funny is,..

if you were in that circle,..them nikkaz get mad at you for keeping it real.
they are bytchmade to the T,..when It comes to being told the real.

art barr

• Dap
Reactions: hex