Diddy puts Drake in his Top 5

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Puffy don't do shyt in the studio but add advice on what should be switched around or added to the song and offer advice on on concepts and ideas

He's a producer in the traditional sense of the word, but not a Hip Hop producer. He's not the producer who's working the boards in the studio

Puffy doesn't know how to work an MPC, he can't play the keyboard. Dude is not musically inclined at all.

He just knows what sounds good and in that regard, he's a traditional producer, like a lot of non hip hop producers.

you don’t need to play an instrument to be a producer, you’re talking a technical beat maker. Many of those guys don’t produce records. A record producer is differ from just a beat maker.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
you don’t need to play an instrument to be a producer, you’re talking a technical beat maker. Many of those guys don’t produce records. A record producer is differ from just a beat maker.

That's why I said, he's a producer in the traditional sense of the word

But in hip hop, the man or woman who's making the music (making the beat) is the producer.

Outside of hip hop, sure, there's tons of producers who don't play any instruments and are producers, but this is Hip Hop, hip hop relies on the producer to work an MPC machine, a drum machine. Hip Hop producers are the beatmakers; contrary to the now popular belief that they aren't

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I said, he's a producer in the traditional sense of the word

But in hip hop, the man or woman who's making the music (making the beat) is the producer.

Outside of hip hop, sure, there's tons of producers who don't play any instruments and are producers, but this is Hip Hop, hip hop relies on the producer to work an MPC machine, a drum machine. Hip Hop producers are the beatmakers; contrary to the now popular belief that they aren't

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
not a fan but i aint mad at it
objectively speaking...the top 10 in my opinion has to include

jay
nas
pac
big
eminem
drake
rakim
lil wayne

and most half of those dudes wouldnt be in my personal list. The final two positions cant really speak on. But the 8 above are almost undeniable if you factor in hits/sales/popularity as much as the lyricism. Kendrick will probably end up there as well. And maybe Kanye depending on how ppl look

what wayne, drake lack is the critical acclaim though

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Check the booklets each track is produced by a Sean puffy combs

I know that. Yeah, of course his name is there, it's his label and he's making money off the publishing and he's the one who gives the producers a platform to shine, so of course he's going to take some credit :beli:

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
Same stuff puff did in the 90s to play the good guy on camera and then behind the scenes give him a whooping in Miami lol

now the feds can’t say puff hates drake if he in the top 5, hiphop police stand back
Lol take that take that :takedat:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Puff prolly jizzed in his pants when he saw his picture hanging in Drake's mansion.

Razzay

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know that. Yeah, of course his name is there, it's his label and he's making money off the publishing and he's the one who gives the producers a platform to shine, so of course he's going to take some credit :beli:

Nah , if it was that easy Donald trump would be a producer, suge Knight would be a producer and jimmy Iovine. Would be a producer. They are not producers. Puff produced records.