Did you know Nova Scotia, Canada has an FBA/African American population that was formed from escaped slaves. The population still exists today

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
viola-desmond.jpg

:whew:

i kept a stack of 10 of these the day i got my hands on them. i damn near want to keep every crispy viola bill i touch away. shyt is clean

maybe one day i'll count out thousand's in viola 10's... nothing but black faces on my money would be a dope stunt in a video :whew:

:blessed:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I think AA's had a great presence in south Ontario too, around St. Catherine

Did they and what did teach you (US Posters) about the underground railroad when you growing up? Up here I remember hearing about africville during BHM.

I remember being 9 and meeting a Black Canadians girl who's family was from Nova Scotia through and through. It was funny because I've never met any black person who didn't immigrate to Canada before.

Me: I'm from Jamaica, where you from?
:pachaha:
Her: Nova Scotia
:myman:
Me: cool, I'm from Ontario but my parents are Jamaican, where are yours from?
:ohhh:
:lupe:
Me: alright, alright your grandparents?
:comeon:
:francis:
Men: your great grandparents
:wtf:
:aicmon:

My dumb ass thought she was playing around the whole time, because in my experience, usually the kids who said they were Canadian when someone black asked you were you were from.. they're were usually white washed- that's wrong to say back then.

I told my mom what she said and my mom gave me the whole run down.

The funny thing is our families were cool, and I always assumed she was Jamaican or something.

I work with black Nova Scotian and they're a proud people. They been through a lot

Ake1725

All Star
Daps
Didn’t know this either. Info?
You have the mascogos which is a branch of afro seminoles who were largely gullah/geechie people escaped to florida and live amongst the seminole indians and then settled in coahuila, Mexico
after the seminole wars

The TnT community are called the Merikans were are descendants of Black Loyalists who were escaped slaves fought the British in the Revolutionary War and war of 1812 in exchange for their freedom. They were allowed to settle in TnT afterwards

The Dominican Republic's Community is called the Samana Americans
They were allowed to move there by President Petion when Haiti owned the Dominican Republic and remained there after they got their independence. They intermarried with the Cocolos a community of english speaking black folks who immigrated from the carribbean due to similar culture such as religion and language

The Bahamas has multiple unique communities of Afro American descedant people.
You have another branch of the black Loyalists from both aforementioned wars

another branch of afro seminoles on red bayes andros island

gullah geechie people who were sold to the Bahamas due to often trading people back and forth. Because of this gullah and bahamian creole share some terms in common and the accents are said to be similar.

Last edited: