Did Unreal 5 Demos Set Too High Expectations For What "Next-Gen" Would Be?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps

maybe i'm trippin but it seems like Unreal 5 is the only truly "next-gen" engine, meaning it's a big leap over the tech we experienced in the PS4/Xbone generation. it feels like the current gen hasn't even really started yet and after that Sony showcase, we'll be waiting a big longer for the gen to truly catch it's stride. Hopefully Microsoft shows us some vision of the future of what we can expect in their showcase (I doubt it though). Hopefully Hellblade 2 makes an appearance, since that game seems to be the first big, meaty Unreal 5 game to be released :jbhmm:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dudes were just so hyped to stan PS5 and it’s “amazing SSD” they threw any kind of reasonable expectations in the bushes.

Told y’all back then, reality would be much different :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dudes were just so hyped to stan PS5 and it’s “amazing SSD” they threw any kind of reasonable expectations in the bushes.

Told y’all back then, reality would be much different :francis:
Thread had nothing to do with just the PS5 and you couldn't help yourself :mjlol:

and no, Ratchet and Clank and Horizon for the most part has been the few games that REALLY look next gen.

giphy.gif

This game legit blew me away especially on OLED :wow:

Idk about you but if you think this doesn't look "next gen" I have a product for you.
N6PUZ5d.png

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thread had nothing to do with just the PS5 and you couldn't help yourself :mjlol:

and no, Ratchet and Clank and Horizon for the most part has been the few games that REALLY look next gen.
giphy.gif

Exactly.

PS5 has nothing to do with this. :snoop:

Once I finish Forspoken, I'm hoppin on Ratchet. Hopefully can finish before Diablo drops.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

giphy.gif

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/sony-introduces-the-world-to-next-gen.779350/

Y’all were hype. Not even PCs we’re supposed to able to match what the amazing PS5 SSD could do.

Fast forward to now and this is what y’all got

:mjlol:

I already KNOW Meach and them is going to say this is just a tech demo and not representative of a real game.

This already blows Red Dead Redemption 2 out of the water.

Meach was right yet again :wow:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
this about UE5 and you bringing up PS5 being goofy. Come on dog. :rudy:
The hype around the demos in the OP and what UE5 was capable of was directly tied to the PS5.

The only threads we have about UE5 here literally have PS5 in the title.

Y’all spent 50+ pages convincing yourselves the things you saw in those demos were only possible due to PS5 SSD.

Now as usual y’all wanna back track and play dumb like you don’t know what happened.

Cerny styled on em again. Asked Devs what they needed and didn't just go with the standard cpu/gpu upgrade. :wow:

giphy.gif

:wow:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
They made us think unreal engine 5 wasn't a buggy mess riddled with issues when trying to get it to work. It's some serious bullshyt. Downgrade your dx12 ass motherfukkers.:beli:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i think Horizon Forbidden West set unrealistic expectations for this generation more than UE5 demos

People thought, “oh if this is a cross gen game i can’t wait to see what CURRENT gen looks like”

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
i think Horizon Forbidden West set unrealistic expectations for this generation more than UE5 demos

People thought, “oh if this is a cross gen game i can’t wait to see what CURRENT gen looks like”
For consoles, I agree. Horizon is the best looking game