Did the Avengers game set back superhero games another decade?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I liked the campaign of the avengers
Yeah me too, only problem is it was short and they didn't allow replays or chapter select. or new game plus.
They tried to force you into that online shyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
its crazy because ive been jacking for mad long that ironman has potential for a videogame

shyt could play like a mix between iron bear from borderlands 3 and the power armor from fallout

cant tell me that wouldnt be mad fun if the right developers tried it

Isn't there an Iron Man VR game? I heard it wasn't particularly good.

Iron Man has 3 videogames, 2 were movie tie ins, and the other is the VR one.

The first movie tie in game was really good IMO for it's time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The problem was letting Square Enix/Crystal Dynamix get the job.

Sony/Naughty Dog/Insomniac are right there. S-Class in immersive storytelling and gaming. I've said before Hades could've been an Avengers game. It boils down to someone with the smarts and the passion like Kevin Feige to direct where the Marvel games are delegated to.

I really wouldn’t want a sony 1st party studio working on a licensed game. Spider-man is enough for me.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The main campaign was good and the combat is pretty dope.
Just tired of the same robots.
pretty much :manny:

1) get avengers IP
2) develop the framework for solid campaign and gameplay
3) integrate long term multiplayer environment on all platforms simultaneously at the same time
4) ????
5) profit

they really could've just waited on the release too..... for all the 'cyberpunk is unplayable' half assed rhetoric on the internet, the matchmaking in avengers *literally* was non-functional for weeks. you can't push a game out early then not have the most critical component of a GAAS product busted

then on top of that, they made all the actual true end-game content solo only. so even if you did go the destiny route and lean on LFG, no community can develop because at the end of the day you're doing repetitive shyt by yourself.

the funniest thing about marvel's situation now is that people are only coming back for the campaign-modeled stuff attached to the new characters and the ongoing story :dead: the multiplayer envionment rework is still months out

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I’ve been saying this for years, make an x-men arcade game with like 20 x-men, no 2D.5 shyt either, make it with streets of rage 4 graphics

4 player, co-op, and they can release entire comic arcs as DLC seasons. Days of Future past, Age of Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix Saga, etc.

GOTY status :wow: