Did the Avengers game set back superhero games another decade?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Avengers just made a few silly mistakes that cost them in the big time. I think not having any sort of PvP mode hurts them a lot. Besides that, not having some sort of open world (at least as a hub to the missions) is such a fukking stupid decision. There are more too but those are two that aren’t often mentioned.

but once you really get into the skill trees, the gameplay really opens up. It does many things well. Its just not enough.
The dumbest mistake is the starting roster. No spider man? No x men? fukking Kamala Khan?

BOO

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
always trying to do too much .. just remake previous avengerz..update graphics throw the voice acting in there and boom.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The dumbest mistake is the starting roster. No spider man? No x men? fukking Kamala Khan?

BOO

This is why even though I love the current day MCU i hate its impact on other media. It’s clear marvel is trying to get a head start on selling Kamala Khan before her show debuts next year

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I don't think games as a service for comic book games is the smartest idea unless it's like s massive cross over event with a big hearth of characters to choose from, like if they went the xenoverse route with it, probably would've been received better.

Besides that tho these companies gotta stop being so fukking p*ssy and just throw ideas at the board, come together, and just make some shyt. Ironman bout as popular as spiderman for the first time in history and they're not even bothering with making his shyt. And another thing I'll never understand is the lack of games during the avengers movie run either. All of that publicity, record breaking box offices, billion on billion and zero games to capitalize? Shiitttttt if it was 2004 when age of ultron came out we would've got a tie in move with like 6 other games, most of them would probably be mid.... ...but at least they'd be entertaining

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i wish they would just make a modern version of that x-men arcade game. the kind of game you would get replay value from hi-scores, speedruns, and special challenges, but would essentially be a streamlined game for a small group of players to make a few quick runs through it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i wish they would just make a modern version of that x-men arcade game. the kind of game you would get replay value from hi-scores, speedruns, and special challenges, but would essentially be a streamlined game for a small group of players to make a few quick runs through it.

I’ve been saying this for years, make an x-men arcade game with like 20 x-men, no 2D.5 shyt either, make it with streets of rage 4 graphics

4 player, co-op, and they can release entire comic arcs as DLC seasons. Days of Future past, Age of Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix Saga, etc.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
The problem was letting Square Enix/Crystal Dynamix get the job.

Sony/Naughty Dog/Insomniac are right there. S-Class in immersive storytelling and gaming. I've said before Hades could've been an Avengers game. It boils down to someone with the smarts and the passion like Kevin Feige to direct where the Marvel games are delegated to.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The problem was letting Square Enix/Crystal Dynamix get the job.

Sony/Naughty Dog/Insomniac are right there. S-Class in immersive storytelling and gaming. I've said before Hades could've been an Avengers game. It boils down to someone with the smarts and the passion like Kevin Feige to direct where the Marvel games are delegated to.
Pretty much first major mistake was giving it to Square Enix I lost all enthusiasm once I heard they were the ones doing it:hhh:That first gameplay trailer they dropped I knew from seeing Thors combat and I was:unimpressed:that this game was in trouble for me.