Did the Avengers game set back superhero games another decade?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I mean jfc they had an excellent game 100% in the bag and fukked that all the way up

Besides Sonys Spider Man when is the next time we will get a good superhero game?

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean jfc they had an excellent game 00% in the back and fukked that all the way up

Besides Sonys Spider Man when is the next time we will get a good superhero game?

Gotham knights or suicide squad if they aren’t GAAS

I’m honestly not interested in co-op level based superhero games though

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just depends on the publisher giving the studio space to do what they think is best. Glass wasn't the best fit for this studio, since it seems like they underestimated the work they'd need to put in.

If anything, this stands a chance of making superhero games better, since we've got proof that even if it's coming from a AAA studio/publisher, you can still catch a brick when your game gets shyt on. Might be why Gotham Knights got pushed back out of nowhere.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just depends on the publisher giving the studio space to do what they think is best. Glass wasn't the best fit for this studio, since it seems like they underestimated the work they'd need to put in.

If anything, this stands a chance of making superhero games better, since we've got proof that even if it's coming from a AAA studio/publisher, you can still catch a brick when your game gets shyt on. Might be why Gotham Knights got pushed back out of nowhere.

Avengers also made BioWare change the next dragon age from a non-GAAS.

I love when big games come out and fail cause it teaches other publishers to stop being greedy.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
its crazy because ive been jacking for mad long that ironman has potential for a videogame

shyt could play like a mix between iron bear from borderlands 3 and the power armor from fallout

cant tell me that wouldnt be mad fun if the right developers tried it

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
its crazy because ive been jacking for mad long that ironman has potential for a videogame

shyt could play like a mix between iron bear from borderlands 3 and the power armor from fallout

cant tell me that wouldnt be mad fun if the right developers tried it
Isn't there an Iron Man VR game? I heard it wasn't particularly good.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Gotham knights or suicide squad if they aren’t GAAS

I’m honestly not interested in co-op level based superhero games though
I’m also not interested in those type of superhero games

But there's absolutely no way developers are as willing to invest in IPs other than Batman/Spider Man when Avengers flopped so badly. We probably wont see another ambitious attempt for at least a few years

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I’m also not interested in those type of superhero games

But there's absolutely no way developers are as willing to invest in IPs other than Batman/Spider Man when Avengers flopped so badly. We probably wont see another ambitious attempt for at least a few years
There was a freeware game called Undefeated that was a perfect prototype for a supergero game. Your character was insanely OP and invincible, and the city/civilians were your health bar. You had to keep collateral damage to a minimum and save civilians while putting the beats on the enemies. There was a really shytty Superman game that had a similar mechanic, but it wasn't implemented nearly as well.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
There was a freeware game called Undefeated that was a perfect prototype for a supergero game. Your character was insanely OP and invincible, and the city/civilians were your health bar. You had to keep collateral damage to a minimum and save civilians while putting the beats on the enemies. There was a really shytty Superman game that had a similar mechanic, but it wasn't implemented nearly as well.
You talking about Superman 64. There was supposedly a PSX version that was far better

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
You talking about Superman 64. There was supposedly a PSX version that was far better
I looked it up, it was Superman Returns for X360 and PS2. Good ideas, but executed poorly. S64 was just absolute :trash:. I rented that shyt from Blockbuster back in the day :scusthov:

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Avengers just made a few silly mistakes that cost them in the big time. I think not having any sort of PvP mode hurts them a lot. Besides that, not having some sort of open world (at least as a hub to the missions) is such a fukking stupid decision. There are more too but those are two that aren’t often mentioned.

but once you really get into the skill trees, the gameplay really opens up. It does many things well. Its just not enough.