Did Kendrick Lemar Take Lupe Fiascos Lane

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A

Im sayin what is the point of communication. To convey a message. nikkas be like Canibus braggin about *YEA nikkaS CANT EVEN COMPREHEND MY RHYMES*....... On what planet is that a good thing. You arent communicating. I really cant say what the fukk someone like that is doing, when their lyrics go over their listeners head. Kendrick balances technical skill with concepts. This is what makes rappers like him, Nas, eminem, g rap, etc. greats. Dont get me wrong, Lupe is a goat because i have the mental processing capabilities to comprehend his lyrics so i appreciate them but he should have done what his song was against and dumbed it down intelligently.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
Did ya'll not hear how this dude is rappin on Around My Way? :why:

What are you deaf??! :ohlawd:

FACT: Kendrick needs 3 albums, 6 mixtapes and a co-sign from God himself :lawd: to see Lupe.

And I aint even bulls~!%!ng ya!

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You out of your goddamn minds if you think Kendrick compares to Lupe Fiasco. The guys not made any moves yet, he's not even released an album on a major yet. I say hold tight for F&L2 and watch Lupe change your minds again.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
I can hear the planes in this flying over ya'll heads like Lupe's lyrics. :shaq2:
[ame=http://youtu.be/Hx1MWpa0juo]Lupe Fiasco-Just Might Be OK - YouTube[/ame]

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Im sayin what is the point of communication. To convey a message. nikkas be like Canibus braggin about *YEA nikkaS CANT EVEN COMPREHEND MY RHYMES*....... On what planet is that a good thing. You arent communicating. I really cant say what the fukk someone like that is doing, when their lyrics go over their listeners head. Kendrick balances technical skill with concepts. This is what makes rappers like him, Nas, eminem, g rap, etc. greats. Dont get me wrong, Lupe is a goat because i have the mental processing capabilities to comprehend his lyrics so i appreciate them but he should have done what his song was against and dumbed it down intelligently.

I get what you're saying and I agree with you. I'm gonna use that phase "disobeying the laws of communication" whenever nikkas are not making sense.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
I chose not to listen to lasers after reading the reviews. So luckily I didn't have to endure that travesty of an album. I'm still waiting on F&L2.

I can't put Kendrick over Lupe yet. His catalog is too small compared to lupes consistent classics up until Lasers.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Lemar?? Lemur??

lemur-picture-987.jpg

:usure:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I made a thread about this back on :hamster:

He definitely did. He has the same "afrocentric nerd with a nasal spastic delivery loaded with multis and a rich vocabulary and lust for knowledge, critical of what he sees yet still street-smart and proud of his hood" type of vibe going on. Lupe preached about what he DIDNT do (smoke, drink etc). Kendrick was doing the same (up until recently)

Section 80 and The Cool are almost exactly similar in theme, and they both have in-house producers and singers they use (Sarah Green, Nikki Jean - Jhene Aiko, Alori Joh; Soundtrakk, Prolyfic - THC, Sounwave). Kendrick even had a grizzly CAC ala Matthew Santos on S80. Schoolboy Q is kinda Gemstones, hes more of a swag-oriented, tragic "artiste" who dabbles in ignorance as well as consciousness