Did GTA V live up to the hype

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
before this was released this shyt was insanely hyped and had all kinds of rumors and speculation going on

Especially when GTA Online was announced :ohhh:

What rumors did y’all remember :mjlol:

They keep saying how every building was going to be accessible and the NPC would be able to communicate with you similar to Skyrim , being able to customize your house and buy furniture, everyone thought Yoga , Golf , Tennis we’re going to be a HUGE part of the experience :mjlol:

Remember the map rumors ???
Man what was the point of all the countryside :hhh:

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
The biggest failure in the game for me was no real distinction between different counties in the map so it all felt the same.

Even though San Andreas was actually a much smaller map, it felt huge because the different towns had distinctive features. I remember driving all the way to "Bayside" at the top left corner of the map in SA all the time just because it was an interesting drive and you didn't know what kind of shyt you were going to see on the way there. Years after the fact I was still finding random areas and easter eggs I had never encountered before. I miss that shyt.

:mjcry:

They might need to go to a different era to "restore the feeling" because these modern timelines is boring.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Aesthetically GTA V is the goat but GTA San Andreas put it all together. The fact that you can fly back to liberty city in San Andreas was next level.

They should have done that with GTA V where you can fly back to Vice City and have a story line and missions there

I wonder if Rockstar working on GTA VI

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Idk but gta4 was fukkn trash

Playn as a fukkn stinky euro cac
Nah, GTA4 was the goat. Story was gritty than mofo. Neko been thru some shyt and back, dude has a lot of depth if you paid attention to him. Dude wanted a getaway and saw america as the best choice, but it ended up putting him right back where he left his homeland after defending his own blood, and then the people you meet during the story just adds on top of that. R* made Liberty City like you was really in NYC and they really captured the grittiness, the atmosphere, the people, the landscape down to almost each block. Not to mention the great expansion packs that extended the story even more. :wow:

GTA5 on the other hand had a great way of playing 3 different characters, but the up level making it more "Hollywood" with that drama, action, and of course good depth of characters you run into in the story. Online when it first released was amazing, I had so much fun, despite the horrible load times, then updated the grind to make you pay more for in-game cash, and then long awaited heist which was burnt out. They did keep a good pace at updating it each month, but nothing could be better than having the story DLC we was suppose to have, but they choose to the greedy route with GTA Online.:mjcry:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Easily the most forgettable characters besides Lamar and the game lacked depth meaning everything felt like addition and not authentic.

San Andreas was the best one then IV then Vice.