Did Freddy Vs Jason meet Expectations?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I thought it was dope when I first saw It and think it's incredibly entertaining now. The Freddy vs Jason fight at the end is some good shyt. Freddy was lighting Jason ass up but dude just too much to handle lol...its crazy that ppl say it sucks yet if u combined the Freddy and Jason movies it's better than all but like 4 of them :russ:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I remember reading an original script leak before it came out that was better

It was cool though

The finished product was much better than the original script. I remember the original had Jason as a even bigger hero than he ends up being in this movie.

I thought it was dope when I first saw It and think it's incredibly entertaining now.

It was probably one of the best times I've had in a movie theater. Scream, Blair Witch and Get Out are three other movie theater experiences that stick out in my mind.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
It is just as good as a drddy vs jason movie could have been

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
People who didn't like it, im not sure what they expected. Has a little bit of everything, good horror, comedy and terrible writing. It's a decent watch in retrospect but not sure how much better it could've been or what a lot of horror fans wanted from it.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The premise was great and added to the Freddy mythos. The actual fight was great. The problem with it is that they didn't realize that Freddy is only as good as his prey. Strong protgonists made for the best Freddy movies, and these kids were treated like Final Destination characters. That's where it failed.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Freddie should of won.... Those damn meddling kids saved Jason.
Didnt like how they cheated for Jason to win. Overall thought it would better but I guess its cause I was anticipating it since Jason Goes to Hell back in 93 when Freddy’s hand/glove grabbed Jason’s mask and brought it underground at the end of the movie.

I would have disliked it more if I hadn't seen Jason Takes Manhattan. Jason as a drowned little special needs boy just changed everything.

So Jason versus Freddy isn't about the kids, it's about a supernatural child molestor manipulating a supernatural child victim and the child victim fighting back. Freddy winks at the end because even when Jason 'wins', he loses. The day Jason forgives the Virgin Whore mommy figure who causes his death, is the day Jason transcends his own hell.

But it is Hell, so he's stuck if he doesn't accept help.

The human kids are just on some Cabin in the Woods shyt (ie forced into roles which aren't really them, eg the big titted 'Virgin' who isn't).