Did Dre lose anything for not releasing Detox?

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man we've been hearing about Detox for a minute and people actually waited. But then the anticipation wore off. Did he lose anything by not releasing it though? Could Detox have compete with the sound of today? Dre is great but he was looking kinda :flabbynsick:

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He definitely lost a lot of credibility for that bullshyt

How are you going to talk about an album for 10 fukking years, drop two singles and then bytch out of dropping a fukking album? It demonstrates a lack of commitment and belief in his own music.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
he never planned on releasing it.....

he USED the resurgance of EM's fame and got a top 5 hit

thAT single was just to push his name out there again...he sellin headphones.. then he has a new single... it was just marketing no intentions of droppin a full length album

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thAT single was just to push his name out there again...he sellin headphones.. then he has a new single... it was just marketing no intentions of droppin a full length album

:ohhh:

Na he had singles circulating out here the buzz just wasn't what he wanted. I mean Dre don't have an average solo album. I think he wasn't feeling the reception because people wasn't buying into it.

shazam

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yep, he caved into the pressure like a chump. nothing could ever take his legend status away, but i lost alot of respect for dude as an artist. hes scared to come back out

The problem is that he drags down everyone else with him. Look at this shyt. How many of these acts dropped an album on Aftermath? How many of them were hyped up as the next whatever before being unceremoniously dumped without so much as a single? I didn't even know Hayes got dropped to be honest. I know he's fukking terrible but they gave him one poorly tagged mixtape before Dre moved on to the next thing.

Former acts
Antonio McLendon[18]
Bishop Lamont
Brooklyn[19]
Busta Rhymes
Dion[20]
Eve
G.A.G.E.[21]
Game
Hayes[22]
Hittman
King Tee
Joell Ortiz
Marsha Ambrosius
Raekwon
Rakim[23]
RBX
Stat Quo
The Firm
The Last Emperor
Truth Hurts

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Kanye>>>>>>>>Dre
lunapic_12690651048026_8.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His legacy will remain the same, but his credibility as still being musically relevant is done. Just looking at the singles/leaks show he had no clue what he wanted the album to sound like. From Under Pressure to Kush to INAD to Chillin. And two of those were just straight jacking another producers style.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

If that was intentional it was an incredibly stupid move. He's a legend in the game and had the entire industry's anticipation. Why kill all that hype and ruin his future credibility just to sell headphones?