Did Bray Wyatt Warn Us About The Arrival of The Fiend FOUR YEARS AGO?!

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif

Vince gonna book himself as the real father of JOJOs baby

:mjgrin:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So the presence of The Fiend was always inside Bray and the only thing keeping him together was Abigail. Abigail later passes and becomes the cabin to sustain Bray. Orton later destroys the cabin, killing that restraint, and Bray falls into the Lake of Reincarnation to create the distorted being we have now.
Long-term storytelling :ohlawd:
:ohhh::gladbron:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
To me, the issue with that lies with the Jake Roberts syndrome. To where Roberts' character work and portrayal -- along with the kayfabe strength of the DDT -- was handled so well, that he never really needed big wins (i.e. titles) to justify himself as a true threat.

A lot of people -- some of us included -- have seen Bray as such. But in today's times, look at the champions. Realistic characters and so on. Bray is an outlier with the gimmick and on the strength of that alone, should win most every high-profile feud he's ever involved in. Because he's really the only one sans Finn Balor who is said to draw upon some kind of supernatural strength, power, etc. to get to where he wants to go.

But... as we've seen, when Balor goes Demon -- and unlike Bray, nothing changes about Finn sans appearance and a couple power moves here or there -- not only does he win, he flat dominates people and he wins titles. For this Bray thing to really work, he needs similar treatment. Summerslam was a great start.

That's what bothers me so much about the WWE. As much as they like to stick with what works (read: what Vince thinks will work), there are SEVERAL existing blueprints that, had they been executed -- with slight alterations for the character/current times -- would have gotten people over well before they did.

It shouldn't have taken Roman Reigns beating cancer to finally be accepted as a face when the Batista blueprint was right there.

The Undertaker blueprint exists. Apply it to Bray Wyatt.

The Revival shouldn't be floundering like this when the Usos/New Day JUST SHOWED what main roster tag wrestling could be if you just gave them the platform and fell back.
More than never getting big wins, I think what really hurt Bray Wyatt was that he was really bad at the main thing his gimmick was based around: being a cult leader. Bray converted almost no one to the Wyatt Family over the years. Daniel and Randy revealed it was all a ruse and turned on him (Randy didn't even change his character while he was in the Wyatt Family), and Braun just kind of showed up one day then forgot all that Wyatt shyt when after the brand split happened.

At the end of Bray's run before his injury, he not only had no followers, he was playing second fiddle to Matt Hardy. nikka was Shannon Moore. And this was after he was used as food for The Demon. Bray not only couldn't win titles; he couldn't win people over to his way of thinking, which is the main thing his character wanted to do.

Most characters in WWE are pretty simple in that they all have the same goal: winning matches/titles. Bray was unique in that his character had a goal he could have still accomplished even after losing out on certain matches. He would still need wins, but they could have mitigated the losses if fans felt like he was still accomplishing something.

I listen to Going in Raw on Youtube, and one thing they would always say that I agree with is that feuding with Bray Wyatt should leave a person changed. Even when they win, the experience should leave a mark. Instead we would get weeks of people being kinda weirded out, then they'd beat him and shrug it off. Combine that with homie never winning anything, and of course the fans lost interest. It was a character based on fear and control that no one was afraid of, could control no one, and couldn't beat anybody's ass.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
More than never getting big wins, I think what really hurt Bray Wyatt was that he was really bad at the main thing his gimmick was based around: being a cult leader. Bray converted almost no one to the Wyatt Family over the years. Daniel and Randy revealed it was all a ruse and turned on him (Randy didn't even change his character while he was in the Wyatt Family), and Braun just kind of showed up one day then forgot all that Wyatt shyt when after the brand split happened.

At the end of Bray's run before his injury, he not only had no followers, he was playing second fiddle to Matt Hardy. nikka was Shannon Moore. And this was after he was used as food for The Demon. Bray not only couldn't win titles; he couldn't win people over to his way of thinking, which is the main thing his character wanted to do.

Most characters in WWE are pretty simple in that they all have the same goal: winning matches/titles. Bray was unique in that his character had a goal he could have still accomplished even after losing out on certain matches. He would still need wins, but they could have mitigated the losses if fans felt like he was still accomplishing something.

I listen to Going in Raw on Youtube, and one thing they would always say that I agree with is that feuding with Bray Wyatt should leave a person changed. Even when they win, the experience should leave a mark. Instead we would get weeks of people being kinda weirded out, then they'd beat him and shrug it off. Combine that with homie never winning anything, and of course the fans lost interest. It was a character based on fear and control that no one was afraid of, could control no one, and couldn't beat anybody's ass.

+ rep. No lies told.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

Half that ain't even brays fault blame bad writing or whoever 'okays' the fukkery that goes down on tv and mix that in with Vince's bad booking decisions

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does the video in OP relate to The Fiend character? I haven’t been watching consistently so not up to date, I saw The Fiend debut though and it was dope.