Did anybody famous go to your highschool?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
R. Kelly
Nazr Mohammed
Da Brat
Lisa Raye
Chaka Khan
U went to Calumet? Oh nevermind, i just saw Chaka and didnt pay attention to Kellz and Da Brat listed... I wanted to go to a prep school in the city :mjcry: i begged my momma to transfer me to Seton cause i hated the Wood.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
We don't have a wiki page (lol), but we got a couple of folks:

- Josh Freeman, NFL QB...he's the li'l homie.
- Alec Burks, NBA player
- Josh Packwood; the first white Valedictorian at Morehouse...he is also the li'l homie,
we used to ride the same bus.

- Mark Pender from the Conan O'Brien band. He still comes back from time to time.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
What was wrong with Thornwood?
We had that flop ass experiential block scheduling program bullshyt. Idk i think they were trying to go in the direction of many city schools. we had like 3 classes a day, 90 min each... and it was just a very bad idea that was done away with like 3 -4 years after i graduated. I just hated the program... had us (then later the entire school including upperclassmen) divided into 'houses' of of desired area of what wee wanted to persue post high school. It was a failed attempt at college preparation to me. However, it is what it is... We and always had the coldest track team, a decent basketball team (forgot about David Moss) and a excellent speech team. Football team was garbage tho. :russ:

Amun

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Windward
:ohhh:My zoned school (violent rep, ended up not going) tho >>>

Notable alumni

• Ed Cota – Professional basketball play
  • Nelson George – Author
  • Sam Perkins – Professional basketball player
  • Willie Randolph – Professional baseball player; 6-time American League All Star; played on two World Series Champion teams (New York Yankees); and former manager of the New York Mets
  • Al Sharpton – Pentecostal minister, political activist, civil rights activist, and former candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in 2004.
In film
The movie Above The Rim was shot at Samuel J. Tilden. Also, exterior scenes for the movie Lords of Flatbush were shot at Tilden.

:ohhh:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
We had that flop ass experiential block scheduling program bullshyt. Idk i think they were trying to go in the direction of many city schools. we had like 3 classes a day, 90 min each... and it was just a very bad idea that was done away with like 3 -4 years after i graduated. I just hated the program... had us (then later the entire school including upperclassmen) divided into 'houses' of of desired area of what wee wanted to persue post high school. It was a failed attempt at college preparation to me. However, it is what it is... We and always had the coldest track team, a decent basketball team (forgot about David Moss) and a excellent speech team. Football team was garbage tho. :russ:

Yea schools are weird as hell now. These weird class schedules. Breaking up large shytty schools into 20 different ones all in the same buildings. Specialty schools( There is a school based off Glee :mjlol: ) I just remeber school being 8 periods with division around 10 and lunch