Daps

Diablo® IV

• Open world, 5 connected zones
  • Non-linear campaign
  • Huge zones requiring mounts to traverse
    • Mount customizations
  • Skill trees and runewords
  • Character cosmetic customization: tatoos, hair, skin and more
  • Barbarians can equip 4 weapons, Druids can seamlessly shapeshyt between forms
  • Legendaries will be the centerpoint of builds, sets will be back but not as dominant
    • Items will give bonuses to active and passive skills

OpenC019.jpg
OpenC015.jpg

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Too little too late. The only thing I want from Blizzard at this point is a Diablo 2 Remaster and I honestly don't know if I even want it anymore.

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
3 was trash. Folks are excited for this?
Yes. 3 wasn't so hot at launch. They've made many improvements since then, ultimately too late for most. The fan base was always still there. I probably have a 1k+ hrs between characters and seasons, off and on for years. This is a clear return to the darker style of D2. It they get the itemization and difficulty scaling correct, this will be another one that will last for years.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Diablo is my all time most played franchise. This looks great visually but like Diablo 3 when it first came out, it looks like theyre missing the mark on what made Diablo and Diablo 2 great. Just from the game play trailer it looks like youre killing 2-6 monsters at a time. In diablo 2 you were trying to gather up 50 monsters at a time and knock em down and collect loot. Mindless fun grinding with a great rewarding loot system.

Just from them having mounts is probably a good hint that the zones will be too big to accomplish that and youll be more focused on fighting smaller quantity but stronger individual monsters. Which is boring to the fan base.

Diablo 3 game play through patches turned to more Diablo 2 grind style and turned out good over time.

If they can some how implement that game style + diablo 2 similar loot system, it can be a GOAT game

If not, then :manny: 1 play through and done more than
Likely

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I hope they bring back some ability to trade items. They really went from one extreme to another when they got rid of the RMAH and decided to make all "useable" items Account Bound. To me, the item trading game was a big part of what gave D2 its longevity.

Hope the "matchmaking" is better than D3. In D2 you could sit in the lobby and bring up a list of games. In D3 you were only matched with people at your exact level playing your exact difficulty, which led to a whole lot of empty games if you weren't at the level cap (...and I hope they make the level cap require a little work to get to this time).

I also hope the difficulty is somewhere in between the "impossible" difficulty level of Diablo 3 Inferno mode at launch, and how much they dumbed it down as time went on.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
D2 was my shyt, black hammerdin excellence smashing everything with the blessed hammer...:ohlawd:

But that D3 shyt, I don't know WTF that was, never could get into it...

The art direction was WOW inspired cartoony trash and the classes were assy to...

Its good to see they brought the sorceress back and the art direction is more inline with D2...

Hopefully that means the breh paladin will make a return to...

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
D2 was my shyt, black hammerdin excellence smashing everything with the blessed hammer...:ohlawd:

But that D3 shyt, I don't know WTF that was, never could get into it...

The art direction was WOW inspired cartoony trash and the classes were assy to...

Its good to see they brought the sorceress back and the art direction is more inline with D2...

Hopefully that means the breh paladin will make a return to...
Hammerdin and frozen orb sorc:wow:

i didnt like how 3 made joining public games a mess. D2 you had a list and clicked on it(act 1 full, cow run, act 2 Cube, baal run, trade, fight, etc) Prolly the thing i hate the most about the 3rd one besides the art design, story, characters, and skill system:mjgrin:

and i aint start till after the auction house nonsense was fixed and was still real disappointed.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That looked good, but they're going to have to do a lot to win me over after Path of Exile. This better be ftp too.