DF: Best Game Graphics of 2020

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s insane. They level of detail is is unmatched for an open world game. Won’t be matched until GTA VI. And I’m not even sure Rockstar will go that far with it considering it won’t be primarily a FPS
It’s not just “for an open world” it’s period.

It’s got more detail than smaller scale “cinematic” games too. From how detailed and intricate the city design is, down to individual bolts and rivets on the cars. It’s astonishing to me to consider an artist/developer had to draw and design all of this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cyberpunk is easily the best looking game ever.

The level of detail is crazy.

It’s insane. They level of detail is is unmatched for an open world game. Won’t be matched until GTA VI. And I’m not even sure Rockstar will go that far with it considering it won’t be primarily a FPS

Yeah

It didn't really hit me until I got to Pacifica and I really how HUGE the world was and how detailed every part was.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s not just “for an open world” it’s period.

It’s got more detail than smaller scale “cinematic” games too. From how detailed and intricate the city design is, down to individual bolts and rivets on the cars. It’s astonishing to me to consider an artist/developer had to draw and design all of this.
That's fair but I'm not sure I can put it over TLOU2. The detail in character models and depth in the environments they created take it for me. But Cyberpunk is close.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's fair but I'm not sure I can put it over TLOU2. The detail in character models and depth in the environments they created take it for me. But Cyberpunk is close.
Seems you are more so talking about art design. Can’t argue that, but cyberpunk simply has more detail, more unique objects on the screen, more detailed and intricate level design, etc.

Look at the interior of the Jeep in TLOU2 then compare that to the inside of one of the cars in cyberpunk, then consider there’s dozens of cars of cars in cyberpunk each more detailed than the one or two in TLOU.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Only the surface. When you start paying attention to detail then... :hhh:

Yeah, ghost is surface level pretty. It’s not very interactive. I feel like with TLOU2 things such as glass and ropes, and water just feel more alive. Also the character clothings and textures are way higher in details but TLOU2 is linear so it gets points.

PlaintiveClearcutCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Seems you are more so talking about art design. Can’t argue that, but cyberpunk simply has more detail, more unique objects on the screen, more detailed and intricate level design, etc.

Look at the interior of the Jeep in TLOU2 then compare that to the inside of one of the cars in cyberpunk, then consider there’s dozens of cars of cars in cyberpunk each more detailed than the one or two in TLOU.

This is why modern gaming sucks. Who cares about the interior of the car...what about gameplay:mindblown:???

Now developers care more about designing the stitching on the driver's seat than making an enjoyable game, to keep graphics nerds from complaining

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is why modern gaming sucks. Who cares about the interior of the car...what about gameplay:mindblown:???

Now developers care more about designing the stitching on the driver's seat than making an enjoyable game, to keep graphics nerds from complaining
Well this thread is about graphics, but cyberpunk has a huge emphasis on gameplay options as well.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If you can get Cyberpunk working right I understand the pick. Problem is it runs like shyt and has various bugs that can affect the visuals anyways so you're probably taking a hit.

If it ever gets ironed out, then yeah. But if.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
I didn’t accuse you of lying...the comment just doesn’t make any sense given the nature of the thread...if I ask you what’s “2 + 2” and you’re response is “bananas are yellow” are you lying? :francis:

Save the sesame street babble.
Do you agree with the statement or not? At least to an extent?