Devs like CDPR need to take notes on Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Played Cyberpunk 2077 for a bit and the AI is so dead. No type of conversations, lack of real reactions. They literally stand there. The game isn't terrible, but still.

I haven't played Watched Dogs, so Idk about that game. But Red Dead Redemption 2 has by far the most realistic civilian AI. shyt is crazy how you can have whole conversations. They greet you send everything. :wtf:How the hell did Rockstar do all this?:mindblown:

I wonder if CDPR can reprogram their Civilizian AI:francis:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Played Cyberpunk 2077 for a bit and the AI is so dead. No type of conversations, lack of real reactions. They literally stand there. The game isn't terrible, but still.

I haven't played Watched Dogs, so Idk about that game. But Red Dead Redemption 2 has by far the most realistic civilian AI. shyt is crazy how you can have whole conversations. They greet you send everything. :wtf:How the hell did Rockstar do all this?:mindblown:

I wonder if CDPR can reprogram their Civilizian AI:francis:

The AI is dead because that is what they could put together in time for that rushed game. All of the AI is braindead in the game, including police and traffic.They blame a lot of issues on "bugs" when the real issue is that the systems they built were shyt to begin with. That is why if it was bug related most of the issues would be gone by now.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
RDR2 is cool for the side activities, but the story drags on, and the gameplay in the missions is the same shyt over and over

Cyberpunk had a better story, and side stories. and the gameplay was more engaging and challenging
I agree, RDR2 get's dikk rode for having insane attention to detail but playing the game itself isn't very fun imo.

Also the story dragged crazy. There is a difference between pacing and padding.

Now that is not to say I don't like RDR2 at all, it's obviously well crafted as far as detail and general writing goes.

I notice a lot of the Cyberpunk backlash seems to be related to non RPG gamers thinking this was some sci fi GTA game.

Disclaimer: I played Cyberpunk on a good PC.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
RDR2 is heavily overrated as an actual game imo.

Gunplay is TERRIBLE. Controls in general are TERRIBLE. The mission design? IT IS TERRIBLE.

Start mission>Ride to location with 10 minutes of dialogue during forced horse ride>get into gunfight because of ambush (shytty gunfight btw because the controls and gunplay are horrid even by 2009 standards) >loot bodies> Ride back in another forced 10 minute exposition on horseback.

98% of missions are this, over and over and over again.

Now Arthur and Dutch, good characters. Their interactions are great, and I was even invested at some points (even though it dragged on needlessly at times) At the end of chapter 6 I thought ok, I liked how this wrapped up.

Only for me to roof houses for another 7 hours so they could 'connect it to RDR1' Which is cool, if the game hadn't dragged for 50 hours already to get me here while mainly focusing on DIFFERENT characters.

To me the only real great part of RDR2 is the graphics, the world, and the attention to detail.

Attention to detail isn't 'fun' though. It's cool these animals have day cycles, and how the snow melts, and the lighting, and how you sink in mud etc. Maybe they should have put that effort into making a fun gameplay experience instead.