Devil May Cry 5 (March 8 2019)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Why these niccas allergic to making Dante the main character? Why is it so hard? The last time we got to play Dante he ain't even hit puberty yet. Fucck Capcom.

Yep this is the Raiden situation all over again, ain’t no one checking for Nero like that. Dante made the franchise and is who people asssoiate with this franchise but they keep pushing for Nero.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Devil May Cry is in my Top 3 gaming franchises so this announcement some months ago had me hyped. Witnessing the trailer these are my first impressions.

Characters: The design is bland. Nero looks like a cocked out English version of Dante. This isn't even talking about the carbon copy personality. Dante's cocky, fast talking devil may care demeanor is what made him iconic & the DMC3 (young) and DMC4 (mature) iteration(s) encapsulated this the best. From what we've glimpsed the former is is what Nero is emulating. The smart choice would have been copying the foul mouthed reboot DMC Dante. Afterall, Nero was non religious and seeing the betrayal of the church would have pushed him down a more hedonistic path. Here's another bright idea, just make Dante the MC instead of pushing his lite version. Speaking of which Dante's cameo left me with in tears. Who knew h'd become another statistic of the heroin addiction in white America. Poor facial structure to go alongside his stringy beard giving an emaciated figure.

Supporting Cast: Whoever told game developers that Southern accent on main secondary characters was cool, has lost their mind. The dialect is bearable but is swiftly worsened by the terrible dialogue & obnoxiousness. In comes Nero's partner. The last great supporting chic in the Devil May Cry franchise was Lady. The last one from DMC sucked & this new one hasn't done anything to show otherwise. There's also the what seems to be a deviation from the primary devil arms. A cybernetic arm? Really? Is this Deux Ex now. The allure of DMC at least in my experience is its association with the supernatural. Be it in unique weapons or triggers. Unless the woman is revealed to be a demon procuring and creating weapons of such origin, anything else will feel tired/subpar. This includes the notion her weapons are from a Holy Order - designed to stop demons. This was the idea of the DMC4.

With this being said DMC is renowned for its battle mechanics & world crafting especially the story elements. If nothing else I know those aspects of the game will be set. I am hoping Nero has advanced his own devil powers and is capable of doing much more (Please have some Styles).

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ninja Theory :hhh::scust:

Any hype I had for this game is killed already. Capcom just can't get right.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So wait ninja theory is making this game.

Didn’t they just get bought by Microsoft
:ohhh:

Is this Microsoft testing there hand in third party. Also is it save to assume that ninja theory will still be making games on Sony consoles.