Devil May Cry 5 (March 8 2019)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never played 2..
So I guess I’ll go ahead and get the HD joint...
But I’m confused..
Are they following the manga/comics storyline or by games:mindblown:
In order of games..
DMC 3
DMC 1
DMC 2
5 then 4..
I’m confused..
Nero didn’t lose his arm in 4 and Dante looked younger..
But Nero loses his arm in this one and Dante is older(I assume from being in hell)..
Somebody correct me or make sense of it:mindblown:
DMC 3>DMC 1>DMC 4> DMC 2 >DMC 5 in term of the video-game timeline. now the anime,manga :mindblown: I dont know where they fit in .

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I never played 2..
So I guess I’ll go ahead and get the HD joint...
But I’m confused..
Are they following the manga/comics storyline or by games:mindblown:
In order of games..
DMC 3
DMC 1
DMC 2
5 then 4..
I’m confused..
Nero didn’t lose his arm in 4 and Dante looked younger..
But Nero loses his arm in this one and Dante is older(I assume from being in hell)..
Somebody correct me or make sense of it:mindblown:
the anime is canon. That's where morrison is from, he's the blacc character that is shown in the trailer but he was white in the anime.
The chronological order is:
  • DMC3 Manga

• DMC3

• DMC1

• DMC Anime

• DMC4

• DMC2

• DMCV
I wouldn't recommend playing the games in this order, just play them by release order. I also don't think you need to watch the anime, it's short and doesn't add much outside of showing what Dante does everyday when he isn't fighting some super powerful demon and also shows how Lady & Trish met. Never read the manga either, and I think Itsuno said there will be a light novel or something. No one is playing these games for story though

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
the anime is canon. That's where morrison is from, he's the blacc character that is shown in the trailer but he was white in the anime.
The chronological order is:
  • DMC3 Manga

• DMC3

• DMC1

• DMC Anime

• DMC4

• DMC2

• DMCV
I wouldn't recommend playing the games in this order, just play them by release order. I also don't think you need to watch the anime, it's short and doesn't add much outside of showing what Dante does everyday when he isn't fighting some super powerful demon and also shows how Lady & Trish met. Never read the manga either, and I think Itsuno said there will be a light novel or something. No one is playing these games for story though
Thanks..
I played all except 2..
So I was just trying to put it together..
Watched the anime once and it was meh..
Didn’t finish the manga either(only read like two chapters:mjlol:)
Thanks again for the info:salute:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
More leaked images, including the mysterious character:

Literally Kylo Ren :heh:
eTwCFjK.jpg
DYMLi2s.jpg

Lady and Trish

GhggIVe.png

TLrZ6TY.png

DT Dante shytting on Nero:mjlol:
lahI8Hx.png

And from the intro

Nero getting his arm Deebo'd by someone that's clearly totally not Vergil, nope not by a longshot.

Last edited:

The Plug

Daps
So many leaks of the first mission

It looks like early game stuff given that Nero doesn't have an arm yet. V says the new Demon King took Nero's arm but he has to be wrong or he's being manipulative. The other video clearly shows it being vergil. Who else would the devil bringer light up like that for? Who else would know how to use Yamato like that? He says he's running out time, maybe Vergil is good and wants to save the world before Urizen devours it or maybe Vergil is dying due to losing most of his powers after being defeated by Dante/

What about Mundus? Is he coming back? We see Trish and Lady but will Lucia be back too?

Finally, we got wings back and Dante is using his DT in cutscenes again and hopefully flying in combat. It was odd that DMC4 removed wings. Oh shyt, Rebellion is broken, but it's probably not a big deal since it's been shown that Yamato can be repaired and these swords are part of the soul. We're full anime now boys:rofl:

From this we can surmise that Nero saves Dante, and the plot will be about Nero, Dante & possibly V becoming powerful enough to go back and defeat Urizen. V reveals that much by saying nero needs to survive if Dante gets defeated and to think of ways to get stronger and help.

My god this is so much spoilers, but hopefully it's only for the first 2 missions and nothing more.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Capcom is never doing marketing deals with Microsoft ever again, their QA testers dont give a fukk.:heh:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This video shows off all the Devil Breakers except 1. They all seem pretty nice.

• Dap
Reactions: RNS
Daps
Reppin
20 years and not one single gameplay change. shyt looks and plays exactly the same as the first devil may cry. and capcom/fans wonder why the last few games flopped

The Plug

Daps
20 years and not one single gameplay change. shyt looks and plays exactly the same as the first devil may cry. and capcom/fans wonder why the last few games flopped
Comment is big cap

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was just thinking about this. What exactly can these action games add to differentiate themselves? Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden have a similar problem. I guess that's why God of War changed up its formula. The whole 'stylist action' genre doesn't lend itself to evolution.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This mofo just casually disarmed Nero (literally) like he is nothing and beats the shyt out of a devil trigger dante :gucci: