DETECTIVE PIKACHU starring Ryan Reynolds. *Live action Pokemon movie*

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I didn't hate it, actually kinda liked the first 2 acts....but then that 3rd act.....woof.

As someone with next to no relationship to the Pokemon IP, be it games, cartoons, movies, etc....I was very tuned out during the final act.

It's fine though.

But, just watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit? instead. Cause that shyt is a masterpiece.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
It was alright.
The pokemon looked amazing.
Story was weak to me and the twist was pretty obvious.
I'm pissed I took my 3 year old son to see it since he was so excited about it and this boy falls asleep during the commercials and doesn't wake up until the end credits of the movie. :stopitslime:

My son was hyped while watching this, I took a quick power nap. I would have marked out if Geo Dude came through.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Watched this again while watching my nephews n their friend. Dope ass movie. I wonder if they lowkey set up a Pokemon Red movie

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Loved it. Only low point was The Merge. I thought it was stupid AF. But I can overlook it since this was a beautiful movie. Wish it did more at the BO. :mjcry:

They should have left the dad inside Pikachu. Would have been better for a sequel. :francis:

Also, it was stupid how the kid couldn’t recognize his dad’s voice. :mjlol: :stopitslime:
agree with all this

when it ended i said how the hell they gonna make up an excuse for him to be back in pikachu body in part 2 :mjlol:

i still enjoyed it

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Finally saw this shyt and good lord it was some mid. :unimpressed:

And I'm an OG pokemon stan. The plot was pretty generic and we didn't see a lot of the Pokemon get busy. Also, Ryan Reynolds jokes were pretty bleh.