DETECTIVE PIKACHU starring Ryan Reynolds. *Live action Pokemon movie*

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I haven't seen a single piece of footage I haven't liked.

How does this happen? How did they get so many talented people to care about a got damn Pokemon movie? What kind of checks did The Pokemon Company cut?

TheWealthRecord.com said:
However, we do know that a publication in 2014 claimed that the Pokemon franchise was making $1.5 billion on an annual basis. If we assume that is something that will hold true in perpetuity, that means the Pokemon franchise is worth $15 billion assuming an interest rate of 10 percent.

$15 billion talks. :yeshrug: I'm quietly hyped for the movie myself.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
yoooo so we copping the pokemon addidas for when we go watch this movie? :jbhmm: walking in there like a pokemon master from the feet up.
Rolling in with the squad like

tumblr_ocyms0PtKg1un7uhro7_250.gif

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
How ya feel about Pikachu’s speaking voice not sounding the same as in the cartoon? I feel like I’m gonna be expecting Deadpool to make a cameo with RR voicing him smh

reigun

Superstar
Daps
How ya feel about Pikachu’s speaking voice not sounding the same as in the cartoon? I feel like I’m gonna be expecting Deadpool to make a cameo with RR voicing him smh
I feel like it's going to be one of those things I'll get over as I'm watching the film. Even now, having seen the trailers and TV spots, I feel like I've already adjusted to the voice. It's mainly going to come down to how Pikachu is written. We've mostly seen comedy bits and obviously that's going to remind you of Deadpool.

over 90 billion in revenue as of 2018:ohhh:

giphy.gif
That's the other part that's crazy to me: this movie doesn't even need to exist from a financial standpoint. It's not like Pokemon is dying out and this is a last ditch effort to bring it back to the spotlight. It's still one of the biggest things on the planet: second highest selling video game series, highest selling card game, show still going, merch still moving, and Pokemon Go still making cash. They are good. Yet, TPC just decided they needed a few more M's in their bank account so why not make a lil movie or whatever.

You can tell they ain't worried cause there's nothing desperate about this. They didn't decide to go balls out and make a massive adaptation of the anime with a got damn $300 million budget. The first live action Pokemon movie is about a C list spinoff game. If the movie bombs, oh well. They still got cash to spare.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel like it's going to be one of those things I'll get over as I'm watching the film. Even now, having seen the trailers and TV spots, I feel like I've already adjusted to the voice. It's mainly going to come down to how Pikachu is written. We've mostly seen comedy bits and obviously that's going to remind you of Deadpool.

That's the other part that's crazy to me: this movie doesn't even need to exist from a financial standpoint. It's not like Pokemon is dying out and this is a last ditch effort to bring it back to the spotlight. It's still one of the biggest things on the planet: second highest selling video game series, highest selling card game, show still going, merch still moving, and Pokemon Go still making cash. They are good. Yet, TPC just decided they needed a few more M's in their bank account so why not make a lil movie or whatever.

You can tell they ain't worried cause there's nothing desperate about this. They didn't decide to go balls out and make a massive adaptation of the anime with a got damn $300 million budget. The first live action Pokemon movie is about a C list spinoff game. If the movie bombs, oh well. They still got cash to spare.
Whats crazy is it was supposed to be a fad. I remember the news and magazines callin it a fad. shyt when i was little my mom told me it was a fad and id grow out of it. this was in 98.

yet here we are:mjgrin:

i know people who got kids whos into pokemon, same age i was when i got into it. and in college(im an older student), i see some of the 18-20 year olds into pokemon. a lot of em started out with Diamond n Pearl it seems like. i always freak out when they tell me that, but then i remember im in my mid 20s so a lot of adults aint start with the originals like i did:ohhh: Pikachu refuses to die:manny:

i think Pokemons reached that point where it might not be as big as it was during pokemania in the late 90's, but its always gonna be around. kinda like how the original Disney characters aint as popular as new shyt from Pixar, but Micky, Donald, etc still get some shine here n there.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Whats crazy is it was supposed to be a fad. I remember the news and magazines callin it a fad. shyt when i was little my mom told me it was a fad and id grow out of it. this was in 98.

yet here we are:mjgrin:

i know people who got kids whos into pokemon, same age i was when i got into it. and in college(im an older student), i see some of the 18-20 year olds into pokemon. a lot of em started out with Diamond n Pearl it seems like. i always freak out when they tell me that, but then i remember im in my mid 20s so a lot of adults aint start with the originals like i did:ohhh: Pikachu refuses to die:manny:

i think Pokemons reached that point where it might not be as big as it was during pokemania in the late 90's, but its always gonna be around. kinda like how the original Disney characters aint as popular as new shyt from Pixar, but Micky, Donald, etc still get some shine here n there.
Watching Pokemon become cross-generational has been insane. It's why it's so funny to see people who only played Gen 1 or 2 talk about their nostalgia. The kids who started with 3 and 4 are full grown adults now. It's not just about the late 90s kids.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the movie does at the box office. It's gonna have a hell of a time getting people's attention away from Endgame, but this movie is looking like a real dark horse.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Watching Pokemon become cross-generational has been insane. It's why it's so funny to see people who only played Gen 1 or 2 talk about their nostalgia. The kids who started with 3 and 4 are full grown adults now. It's not just about the late 90s kids.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the movie does at the box office. It's gonna have a hell of a time getting people's attention away from Endgame, but this movie is looking like a real dark horse.
Pokemon is still one of the most relevant pop culture icons. Crazy. It doesn't surprise me. We really gotta catch em all. Pokemon Go is still dope too