Destroyed Nearly My Whole Knee

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Take your post op rehab and especially PT serious.

You’ll feel better in increments. Being able to straighten that leg will be :blessed: hang in there

Just DO NOT rush or skip out on rehabbing because you start to feel like yourself again in 10 weeks or so because those ligaments and tendons need that 6-9 months to fully heal.

You can and you will bounce back from this, speaking firsthand

Real talk. It’s going to hurt, you may swell and get fluid build up but don’t ever stop the rehab. Make sure you also massage the areas (even yourself) to break up scar tissue. As soon as your able, get in the pool and try to aqua jog. May be difficult but moving in that water burns a assload of calories while buffering your joints. If you do it right the first three visits will leave you wiped out but your body burns calories for 3 days afterward! You will feel like a sack of potatoes a few time until you adapt and you’ll be hungry as fukk. Don’t eat nasty food!

Still elevate your leg too while sleeping . Good luck !

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Real talk. It’s going to hurt, you may swell and get fluid build up but don’t ever stop the rehab. Make sure you also massage the areas (even yourself) to break up scar tissue. As soon as your able, get in the pool and try to aqua jog. May be difficult but moving in that water burns a assload of calories while buffering your joints. If you do it right the first three visits will leave you wiped out but your body burns calories for 3 days afterward! You will feel like a sack of potatoes a few time until you adapt and you’ll be hungry as fukk. Don’t eat nasty food!

Still elevate your leg too while sleeping . Good luck !
I just got out the hospital yesterday. Got an appointment with a doc today to get set up with physical therapy. I really can't wait to get started. The surgeons said I'm lucky because the area I live has one of the best rehab centers in Germany.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I’ve had a minor knee injury before compared to yours. But mine involved stepping into small camouflaged hole in the park with all my weight foot got stuck locked up my whole leg with all my weight going forward. shyt almost bent the other direction. I don’t know what I hurt but it was bad ,about 2 months for the limp to go away. I didn’t go to the doctor I toughed it out. Figured I didn’t need surgery if I could still stand on my two feet. Took about a year for ALL of the pain to go away. I’m back squatting and deadlifting now with no pain.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Physical therapy is going slow and I still have another 2-3 weeks on these crutches. I will be glad when I get the go ahead to get on the exercise bike at least.

I found a video on YouTube where this dude had damn near the exact same injury as me and he was flexing his knee 120 degrees 3-4 weeks after surgery. I'm only at 80 degrees but there is no way I'm gonna try to rush this.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Physical therapy is going slow and I still have another 2-3 weeks on these crutches. I will be glad when I get the go ahead to get on the exercise bike at least.

I found a video on YouTube where this dude had damn near the exact same injury as me and he was flexing his knee 120 degrees 3-4 weeks after surgery. I'm only at 80 degrees but there is no way I'm gonna try to rush this.

Good idea. If there’s no deadline for you to get back to 100% I wouldn’t put unnecessary stress on myself. Get well bro

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorry this happened to you. I had a neck injury a couple years ago and I thought I would never get back to normal. I went to pt as much as possible and I’m better than before now. You already have the right idea just stay on top of your game. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Got the Stone Cold knee brace now. Should be off crutches in 2 weeks at most. I am amazed at how quickly my left leg has shrunk. My calf is Only a little bigger than my forearm and my thigh is half the size of my right one at best. Curious to see how quickly the size comes back.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Got the Stone Cold knee brace now. Should be off crutches in 2 weeks at most. I am amazed at how quickly my left leg has shrunk. My calf is Only a little bigger than my forearm and my thigh is half the size of my right one at best. Curious to see how quickly the size comes back.

2 weeks will be over in no time. That peg leg though probably a month or two away from looking normal

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve had a minor knee injury before compared to yours. But mine involved stepping into small camouflaged hole in the park with all my weight foot got stuck locked up my whole leg with all my weight going forward. shyt almost bent the other direction. I don’t know what I hurt but it was bad ,about 2 months for the limp to go away. I didn’t go to the doctor I toughed it out. Figured I didn’t need surgery if I could still stand on my two feet. Took about a year for ALL of the pain to go away. I’m back squatting and deadlifting now with no pain.

Something similar happened to me. When I was 14 I was playing tennis and went for a serve, and my racket smashed into the front of my knee on the follow through. My dad wouldn't take me to the doctor, so I limped in pain for a month. The pain went away overnight after weeks of limping.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Uh, her knee slips out from time to time. She has no miniscus so that’s part of the problem. Her leg gets inflamed also. But her biggest problem is she’s over weight. If she lost weight most problems would go away.
Hard to lose weight when you struggle to even walk most of the time.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Walking on 1 crutch now. I was able to go grocery shopping and I had no idea how big of a deal that would feel. Around the crib I’m moving without crutches but not ready to go outside without 1 for a few more days.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hard to lose weight when you struggle to even walk most of the time.

Nah, the knee only slips out when she gets too heavy. When she’s fit we do BJJ and play soccer or flag football and she’s fine.

And you can lose weight without exercise if a person is that bad off.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Walked up the steps normally without crutches. :leon:
Tried to walk down:whoa: Not ready for that yet.

Still can't really bend my knee so I can't go up tall steps for now, just the shorter ones. I carry a crutch with me just in case my knee starts aching while I'm out and about. Goal now is to increase the range of motion.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got out the hospital yesterday. Got an appointment with a doc today to get set up with physical therapy. I really can't wait to get started. The surgeons said I'm lucky because the area I live has one of the best rehab centers in Germany.
They speak a lot of good English where you at?