"DESTINY" 2014-15 Chicago Bulls Season Thread

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Overlooking the horrible foul that likely cost the Bulls the win, Hinrich was horrible last night (outside of those 2 corner 3's).

Hes been horrible all season outside of his 3pt shooting. No playmaking ability, defense isnt what it used to be, has been horrible while shot creating, etc.

Im starting to sour heavy on Brooks too. He doesnt look to create for others, always missing open guys and his defense is just BRUTAL.

We will be a MUCH improved team once Rose gets back in the flow and can play 35 mins of the PG position and keep Hinrich/Brooks off the floor.

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps

4-11 FROM THE 3 ISNT BAD AT ALL
AND I WOULDNT EVEN HOLD THAT LAST ATTEMPT AGAINST HIM...

THE 2-9 ON 2P FGS
AND THE 7 TURNOVERS
ARE WHAT I DONT LIKE.
HE ALSO NEEDS TO MAKE MORE THAN HALF OF HIS FREE THROWS TOO.

:devil:
:evil:

It all stems from taking 3s. He fukks up what lil' momentum and rhythm he has, by taking those shots he'll never be able to hit at a rate than allows him to get into gear. It's become his 'settle' shot now. I don't have a problem whatsoever with any of those 3s he took at the end of the game, they NEED to be taken. It's only reasonable to think if he builds his rhythm through shots that he was once upon a time the best PG in the league at (from 10ft to 3pt), that everything else will fall in line. At the moment it's just a contested 3 after contested 3, and then you wonder why he can't hit within the arc? The very fact that he isn't 100%, should be more cause to stray away from shots that'll fukk up the process of regaining his form.

He's taken 47 shots from 3ft to the 3pt line and he's taken 56 three pointers this season. :merchant:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:what: MID RANGE ROSE IS GONE & NOT COMING BACK.
YALL ACTING LIKE YALL DIDNT SEE HIS MVP SEASON.

WHEN THIBS CAME IN HE MADE GUYS TAKE THREES INSTEAD OF LONG TWOS.

HIS DEFENSE IS DESIGNED TO FORCE MID RANGE SHOTS,
SO HE OBVIOUSLY WANTS HIS GUYS TAKING THREES,
AND SHOTS IN THE PAINT.

HE USED TO STOP PRACTICE WHEN DENG WOULD TAKE A LONG TWO.

50% OF ROSES SHOTS WERE FROM 10 FEET TO INSIDE THE 3P LINE IN HIS 2ND SEASON...
30% OF HIS SHOTS WERE FROM THAT RANGE DURING HIS MVP SEASON.
20% OF HIS SHOTS ARE FROM THAT RANGE THIS SEASON.

THE BULLS AS A TEAM ONLY TAKE 26% OF THERE SHOTS IN THE MID RANGE.

MID RANGE ROSE IS GONE BECAUSE OF THIBS.

WHEN HE GETS HEALTHY,
HE WILL GET MORE BUCKETS IN THE PAINT.

HE WAS MAKING THAT FLOATER AT ALMOST A 60% CLIP THIS SEASON...
HE HAD A BAD GAME LAST NIGHT
AND HE'S STILL MAKING IT AT 50%

:devil:
:evil:

a long 2 pointer is a bad shot. a 15 footer is a good shot. that's only the length of a free throw. drose should easily be able to convert shots of that range at around 50%.

I'd rather hit 2 pointers at a 50% rate than hit 3 pointers at 30%.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rose need to stop with all the fukkin floaters cuz them shyts hardly ever go in. I'm watching him steady miss him all game last night, and he just kept shooting em. :snoop:

Its like breh scared to shoot a midrange j :why:
Rose' patented shot is his floater, just let him get his touch back, wtf

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My only issue with Rose's game last night were the careless turnovers.

But for the most part, late in the game he was being a QB out there and setting up guys nicely. He's still figuring out his game and the style he's going to run with. But it was lovely watching him set up Noah on that one drive and how he continuously hit Pau for that mid-range J.

Also...

:wtf: was Pau thinking taking that 3 in the corner?

Bulls just gave the game away with that Kirk foul and some bad shots late in the game. I vividly remember that Pau 3 and that OC ass running hook shot by Noah. WTF were they thinking?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Overlooking the horrible foul that likely cost the Bulls the win, Hinrich was horrible last night (outside of those 2 corner 3's).

Hes been horrible all season outside of his 3pt shooting. No playmaking ability, defense isnt what it used to be, has been horrible while shot creating, etc.

Im starting to sour heavy on Brooks too. He doesnt look to create for others, always missing open guys and his defense is just BRUTAL.

We will be a MUCH improved team once Rose gets back in the flow and can play 35 mins of the PG position and keep Hinrich/Brooks off the floor.
I'm really shocked at how horrible of a passer Brooks is though... it's remarkable to watch.

And it's not just his passing ability that's trash, his court vision in general is just not existent. I'll give him credit though, he can score and get buckets. But that's about it. He threw an oop last night that went straight to the rafters

:snoop:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: was Pau thinking taking that 3 in the corner?
We were up 5, a minute left, he was wide open and the shot clock was at 6 I believe
Shot made sense, I didnt think anything of it when he put it up. He was also coming off knocking down his last 2 jumpers

The shot by Noah up 2, with 35 seconds left made no sense. I agree with you there

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps
0kmWcSZ.jpg

Look at all that inactivity inside the arc :mindblown:

55% of his jumpshots are 3pointers
42% of his total shots are 3pointers

For somebody that hasn't played a full season in three years, still isn't 100% and still can't handle body contact in the paint, taken that volume of shots from an area that's 'out of his range' is the worst thing he could possibly do.

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin he'll figure it out breh , we have to give him until the All Star break
I've nearly lost all hope.

I don't think he'll ever go back to living in the paint like he used to, and quite frankly I don't want him to because I'll know what will happen. So what we're seeing now is basically what his game will be for the long term, I mean he isn't taking a suitable ratio of shots within his range to his overall shots now - in pretty much his weakest state, so it's hard to see him changing it in the future. There's no reason why he can't play a similar style to Parker (obviously without most of the inside shots).