Dentist just told me I need a deep cleaning on the full mouth

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Has anyone ever done this before? Cleaning the gums sounds :damn:

Basically you don't floss so you got pockets in your gums full of bacteria that destroying your bone/ligaments/shyt that holds your teeth in place. You ever wonder why old people got dentures and other removable teeth? Not flossing/brushing regularly for 20 years until one day you in your 60s and your teeth are mobile. So what's gonna happen is they are gonna numb you up and use instruments to clean the tarter/bacteria/etc underneath your gums throughly to stop that process. And you will have to get a cleaning every 3-4 months

Last edited:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And you will have to get a cleaning every 3-4 months
Pretty much everything you said. They said I would need "maintenance cleanings" every couple months after the deep cleaning like you mention. But for how long do you think? Forever? :lupe:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much everything you said. They said I would need "maintenance cleanings" every couple months after the deep cleaning like you mention. But for how long do you think? Forever? :lupe:

Technically you suppose to have maintenance cleanings every 3-4 months because gum disease never goes away(like herpes or HIV) but some offices may push it back to normal 6 months if the improvement is great because some insurances won't pay for that extra cleaning and some people won't come every 3-4 months

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Technically you suppose to have maintenance cleanings every 3-4 months because gum disease never goes away(like herpes or HIV) but some offices may push it back to normal 6 months if the improvement is great because some insurances won't pay for that extra cleaning and some people won't come every 3-4 months
To clarify, the maintenance cleanings I'm referring to is "periodontal maintenance" which is specifically for people who have had deep cleanings. It's to reassure that the work of the deep cleaning lasts. Apparently it is supposed to be done every 3 months after the deep cleaning. I gotta ask them more about it.

The regular cleanings are usually done twice a year like every 6 months.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Basically you don't floss so you got pockets in your gums full of bacteria that destroying your bone/ligaments/shyt that holds your teeth in place. You ever wonder why old people got dentures and other removable teeth? Not flossing/brushing regularly for 20 years until one day you in your 60s and your teeth and mobile. So what's gonna happen is they are gonna numb you up and use instruments to clean the tarter/bacteria/etc underneath your gums throughly to stop that process. And you will have to get a cleaning every 3-4 months
Shyt cost me 2 bands..:francis: