Demona was crazy but Goliath was a sellout

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why won't Disney cash in on our nostalgia and make this a movie franchise already. Easy money!

I don't think Disney really fukks with the franchise like that...OR Greg Weisman. They put up all of the obstacles when he was continuing the series as comics, including raising the license fee. They also waited like 15 years to put out Season 2 Vol 2 on DVD, from the release of S2.1...and it was sneakily released on their website, and barebones.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I don't think Disney really fukks with the franchise like that...OR Greg Weisman. They put up all of the obstacles when he was continuing the series as comics, including raising the license fee. They also waited like 15 years to put out Season 2 Vol 2 on DVD, from the release of S2.1...and it was sneakily released on their website, and barebones.

Yeah you're right. I just don't get it. Greg must've pissed somebody off up top.

off topic: I was today years old when I found out Pac's ex Salli Richardson was the voice of Elisa. Pretty wild.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

It's a great time for fans of Disney's Gargoyles franchise. Weeks after it was announced the cult classic would be revived as a comic series from Dynamite Entertainment, Disney has announced it's rolling out a new video game in support of the franchise. Friday, the D23 Expo games showcase unveiled Gargoyles Remastered, an updated version of the SEGA Genesis game first released in 1995.

Little is known about the game itself, other than it'll be putting new life into the remastered version and no release time frame is set as of now. It also has yet to be unveiled if any of the voice actors will return to voice their characters in the series. When we spoke with Keith David last year, the actor said a reprisal of Goliath is one of the biggest check boxes on his to-do list.

"You know, those of us who were involved from the beginning... I've always wondered why they stopped it in the first place," David told us. Then he floated the idea of a possible reboot, saying he'd love to return and voice Goliath. "[We've wondered] why we haven't come back to a reboot," the actor asks. "I mean, I would love nothing more than to revisit Goliath."

"You know, he was absolutely one of my very, very, very, very favorite characters. I've always maintained that when I grow up, I want to be like Goliath."

The same is the case for the comic series, other than the main title is going to be written by Greg Weisman, the scribe long credited with being a creator of the series.

They remastering the old Sega Genesis Gargoyles game, I had/have this. Me and my brother used to play it all the time!!!:banderas:

Gargoyles_game_cover.jpg

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Could they be trying to revive Gargoyles? :lupe:

I'm not sure how to feel. On one hand of course I want Gargoyles to come back. But on the other hand, the people who run Disney now aren't the same people that ran Disney in the 90s so they might force them to do sum silly shyt:lupe:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, if they start beef alone they better be sure to kill everyone that night or they are done by sunrise.

They need alliances to keep them safe during the day.

Even more so, if you noticed, Goliath in the first 2 seasons, he didnt hesitate to take down conflicts and de-escalate it because hanging on to grudges would put his clan in disaster after daybreak.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Could they be trying to revive Gargoyles? :lupe:

I'm not sure how to feel. On one hand of course I want Gargoyles to come back. But on the other hand, the people who run Disney now aren't the same people that ran Disney in the 90s so they might force them to do sum silly shyt:lupe:

There was a continuation in a comicbook run, but Disney were d!cks about the licensing fees. I have 5 issues, but I think it goes up to 15. Either way, they're beyond expensive, but it's written by Weisman, and essentially S3.

They are doing a new comicbook run that will be S4.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
There was a continuation in a comicbook run, but Disney were d!cks about the licensing fees. I have 5 issues, but I think it goes up to 15. Either way, they're beyond expensive, but it's written by Weisman, and essentially S3.

They are doing a new comicbook run that will be S4.
I knew about the comics I didn't think they were gonna do anymore:ohhh: