Democrats purposing 2k per person every month.Suspending Mortgage/credit card etc payments

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
"Married couples earning more than $150,000, the payment also declines gradually and phases out completely for couples making more than $198,000, according to the plan."

So do I qualify?

We made a combined income of about 150K last year :patrice:

198K and more couples don't get anything at all.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Trump came out and said it will be alot more than 1,000 dollars.

BREAKING: Trump says stimulus checks will be ‘much more’ than $1,000
The thing with Trump is he comes out and says a lot of stuff and either later it turns out he is lying or he misquoted something entirely. Same dude who said we should have a vaccine very shortly and then someone had to correct. Then he said something else recently too I forget and someone had to immediately correct him on it too. :francis:

Until they do it, given its coming from Trump, I'm not holding my breath.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
es5m2g0.png

What a dumb ass come back in that tweet. Curing cancer after many have died doesn't negatively affect anyone. It doesn't leave anyone feeling bitter and it doesn't punish responsibility.

Take two people graduating with the same amount of debt. Person A forgoes buying a big house, new car, take vacations, etc... in order to pay off their student loan early and end up paying less overall. Person B pays as little as possible on their loan, spends their money on a luxury car, goes on trips frequently, and keeps a fukk off money stash. The day Person A pays off their loan Person B has their loan forgiven. Person B is now in a much better situation than person A even though they were not as fiscally responsible.

Person A takes out the equity in their home at a very low rate to pay for their kids college and Person B just tells their kids to max out loans. Person B has their kids loans forgiven while Person A is stuck with the debt.

By doing a blanket forgiveness without any sort of consideration for other people you leave a lot of folks not only bitter but actually in a worse situation than the people who just let the loans sit there. I personally know a woman who has an ass load of loans but is on a very low payment plan because she don't even try to pay it off. If her shyt gets forgiven that's a slap in the face to everyone who actually paid.

If they gonna do forgiveness they need a tax credit for other folks who paid their off or have paid for years.

You see how hard of a time they having now when all they need to do is cut a check to everyone. There is no way they would work through everything involved in forgiving loans without pissing off a sizable portion of the population. Not only couldn't they do it but they wouldn't because the people most for it are the group of people least likely to vote.

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
What a dumb ass come back in that tweet. Curing cancer after many have died doesn't negatively affect anyone. It doesn't leave anyone feeling bitter and it doesn't punish responsibility.

Take two people graduating with the same amount of debt. Person A forgoes buying a big house, new car, take vacations, etc... in order to pay off their student loan early and end up paying less overall. Person B pays as little as possible on their loan, spends their money on a luxury car, goes on trips frequently, and keeps a fukk off money stash. The day Person A pays off their loan Person B has their loan forgiven. Person B is now in a much better situation than person A even though they were not as fiscally responsible.

Person A takes out the equity in their home at a very low rate to pay for their kids college and Person B just tells their kids to max out loans. Person B has their kids loans forgiven while Person A is stuck with the debt.

By doing a blanket forgiveness without any sort of consideration for other people you leave a lot of folks not only bitter but actually in a worse situation than the people who just let the loans sit there. I personally know a woman who has an ass load of loans but is on a very low payment plan because she don't even try to pay it off. If her shyt gets forgiven that's a slap in the face to everyone who actually paid.

If they gonna do forgiveness they need a tax credit for other folks who paid their off or have paid for years.
Ah, I feel you on that. Partial forgiveness would be able to alleviate some of the bitterness from the people that worked their ass off to pay their debts.

What exactly is a tax credit? I'm new to this adult shyt:pachaha:.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Ah, I feel you on that. Partial forgiveness would be able to alleviate some of the bitterness from the people that worked their ass off to pay their debts.

A Tax credit will directly lower your tax liability.

You owe $2000

You have a $1000 tax credit

You now only owe $1000

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Partial forgiveness of a loan has ZERO impact on someone's disposable income. It wouldn't help anyone in the current economic climate. Let me tell you why.

OK you have a loan for $25k with a monthly payment of $500. The government comes in and says hey we will partially forgive your loan with $15k as part of a stimulus package. But guess what, even though now you only have $10k in loans, next month you still owe $500. You don't have any additional disposable income. The government either has to forgive 100% of your loan or give you a partial forgiveness with an immediate refinance and drop in payment for you to have additional money to spend. They don't have the manpower to handle refinancing all those loans in an emergency situation.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

You see how hard of a time they having now when all they need to do is cut a check to everyone. There is no way they would work through everything involved in forgiving loans without pissing off a sizable portion of the population. Not only couldn't they do it but they wouldn't because the people most for it are the group of people least likely to vote.
How about a "tough break nikka" :camby: