Deep Learning Is Going to Teach Us All the Lesson of Our Lives: Jobs Are for Machines

bnew

Veteran
Daps
we need that star trek future, where you can pursue any study you want.without being weigh down by bills.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
My thing is this: machines are going to perform more than humans in a lot of jobs, so it'll make sense for employers to invest into a software rather than pay a human his salary. Aight.

But the goal of the company the employer works for is to sell their product. If the predicted apocalypse does happen and we see massive layoffs of workers, then the companies will kill with their own hands the demand they want to sell to, and sign their own destruction.

That's why I'm rather skeptical when it comes to theses predictions of doom. It doesn't make sense for anyone.

I know that the total destruction of the environment we're doing right now doesn't make sense for anyone neither, but we're still doing it. It's different though since consumerism keeps us distracted from the hardships we will face. Massive automation would almost instantly show it offers no benefit to anyone, in general.