Dedicated an entire work out to one muscle group is a waste of time and stupid: Change my view

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Long full body workouts just seem more time effective for me, but I’m not trying to get bigger right now, just add functional strength.

When dudes are trying to bodybuild, I understand focusing on a few muscle groups each workout.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Who spends an hour on one muscle? Even when you do chest you're also doing triceps, back biceps

I figured he was talking about people that spend an hour targeting their biceps, deltoids, triceps, etc...

But yeah most pec exercises will recruit deltoids and triceps as well.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
To give an actual response:

It's smart to focus on a muscle group or individual muscle if you already built some good baseline strength and size

That way you can make certain muscle groups like your biceps or shoulders or calfs much bigger, for example

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Long full body workouts just seem more time effective for me, but I’m not trying to get bigger right now, just add functional strength.

When dudes are trying to bodybuild, I understand focusing on a few muscle groups each workout.
Yeah this

It's hard to gain size after a certain point with full body unless you spend 2 hours and refuel

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Is that why you don't read?

itysl-i-think-you-should-leave.gif

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
So guys like Ronnie Coleman, Lee Haney, Kevin levrone, dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Phil heath Sergio Olivia etc are CAC weirdo’s? It’s obvious you’ve never actually lifted in your life. Some of the best and most accomplished physiques in the sport are black men who use “bro splits”.