Debbie Allen talking about re-making "A Different World"...

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Show was filmed in Atlanta. The college was located in Virginia though, like Hampton. And Debbie Allen went to Howard, along with her sister Phylicia. Kinda hard to direct a black college show & not include experiences from your own alma mater. Im sure, she grabbed little things from every school, I just think it was mostly based on Hampton, then Howard.

The show was filmed in Hollywood,the campus shots were from Clark/Morehouse/Spelman.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I'd be down for it.

But if it were to be made it would most likely be on BET...and with that comes their influences on the product*looks at The Game after CW let it go:scusthov:*

But yeah, they gotta have the old characters in recurring roles.

Daps
Im all for a remake but I think they should make it based of off a Different World but give it a different name, maybe a different school just so that the legacy of the original doesn't get tarnished if it doesn't fair well.

Plus a lot of young actors today don't seem too convincing to me...the older school actors seemed to take the craft more seriously than they do now a days.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Am i the only one who didnt like the show once it got all preachy and political? I liked the shyt when they had Sinbad on there. Once the original characters grew up and the new cast came in it wasnt as entertaining.