Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Damn its funny how when you're a kid you don't pick up on stuff. I need to watch it again :ohhh:

You could probably make a whole thread on movies you got woke to after you grew up
1. Gremlins
2. Princess and the Frog
3. Soul Man
4. The Toy

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Germlins?
Gremlins was basically just some wild nikkas that got it poppin when it got dark.
:beli:

which is right up my alley!!
giphy.gif

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks don't know but even at the time when death wish 2 and 3 came out folks were calling it out for the racist undertones.

Hell the movie falling down was another movie with racist undertones. But wasn't over the top with violence like death wish.

Also it is quite wierd how violence and death at an even more gory rate is accepted today with movies and tv shows. Folks can talk about how rape scenes in old movies can't be shown today like in the 80s.

But you can literally show on network tv today folks getting shot in the head (which you couldn't show in the past). And lets not even get into the over the top violence on cable tv shows and how these shows are played on constant loops all hours of the day throughout the week.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The close ups of their faces during the rapes were so ridiculous. Literally on some

tenor.gif

Black dudes were knocking each other out the way and jack rabbit raping while the whites were portrayed as the calm collected leaders

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Folks don't know but even at the time when death wish 2 and 3 came out folks were calling it out for the racist undertones.

Hell the movie falling down was another movie with racist undertones. But wasn't over the top with violence like death wish.

Also it is quite wierd how violence and death at an even more gory rate is accepted today with movies and tv shows. Folks can talk about how rape scenes in old movies can't be shown today like in the 80s.

But you can literally show on network tv today folks getting shot in the head (which you couldn't show in the past). And lets not even get into the over the top violence on cable tv shows and how these shows are played on constant loops all hours of the day throughout the week.
Them "I Spit on Your Grave" remakes are going strong tho.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Mentioned already but both Dirty Harry and Death Wish were films that played into a society that felt strongly about harsher punishments against crime during the rampaging 70s. Of course the hard base for those feelings was the right wing and the sequels let go of the societal aspect and just played up right wing fantasies.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Loved the third one tho... :lolbron: That white gang leader was a psycho...:mjlol:

I only saw the first one. It was kind of rough to watch, especially when Jeff Goldblum and his crew kill the mom and rape the daughter.

I guess I didn’t really want to see anymore after that.

I’ve seen clips of some of the others, they look so bad. :mjlol: