"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The last couple of games have been ugly but it seems like the starters are waking up a little. I really think quick should be starting. I’m not sure who sits but a little shake up is needed on this team. Can’t wait for Friday
If IQ starts, Rose is the backup…. That leaves Kemba out of the rotation.. Sad to say but Kemba is washed and that’s ok.. Fam got his money he’s good in that aspect

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't know if you guys have noticed this season but teams are consistently ball denying our PG's & making them inbound to RJ & especially Randle. Thibs has to make adjustments because more times than not, if Randle runs the offense the ball moves nowhere & then he ends up iso'ing & forcing up a terrible shot for himself mostly (and others) with the shot clock expired. If I see this, how does Thibs not make any adjustments

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
yeah maybe Kemba will end up being this year’s Austin rivers. Not sure anyone will want him though
Thibbs gotta star a mix of the second unit with the first unit..

Starters
IQ
Fornier
Burks
Randle(should be traded at deadline for a playmaking 4)
Noel(Mitch goes to the bench since he can’t stay on the floor)

bench
Rose and Kemba share minutes depending on who’s effective for that given game
RJ
OBI
Mitch

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This team desperately needs Randle to play an inside-out game and not settle for long-distance post-ups or jumpers. RJ looks damned good when the ball is moving but he still can't break down defenders in one on one situations with any consistency. He's 21, it's fine, I wouldn't shop him when he's gonna be affordable with upside. I also wouldn't push him to try and be Iguodala though. He needs to start looking at what guys like Obi and Burks do off the ball...they cut into open space that's in the ball handler's sightlines. That's why they consistently receive the ball in motion and with fluidity to get shots up quickly that fall...hell, Obi even gets fluid touches from three but he just sucks at that shot right now.

MalaKai

Luv is Luv
Daps
Reppin
#WeDemBoyz

Starters
IQ
Fornier
Burks

bench
RJ
OBI
Mitch

:mjlol:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
I don't know if you guys have noticed this season but teams are consistently ball denying our PG's & making them inbound to RJ & especially Randle. Thibs has to make adjustments because more times than not, if Randle runs the offense the ball moves nowhere & then he ends up iso'ing & forcing up a terrible shot for himself mostly (and others) with the shot clock expired. If I see this, how does Thibs not make any adjustments

Yup!

I’ve definitely notice this. Good observation

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas

Starters
IQ
Fornier
Burks

bench
RJ
OBI
Mitch
Facts.

As much as I want Obi and Quickley to play together, Randle and RJ is a recipe for disaster on offense together.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Am I lying tho? Randle completely kill the offensive flow when he’s in the game.. He does not pass the ball.. It’s no coincidence when the second unit comes in the ball moves ..
He did that in 2019. He's regressing back to when the Knicks had a terrible record. We actually have a better team but he's killing the momentum and making us look like shyt.