"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i second that ..this is the best line up for knicks or u start kemba and keep him a short leash if he aint doin nada...

[

QUOTE="NY's #1 Draft Pick, post: 43945645, member: 174"]Noel
Randle
RJ
Grimes
Rose

let’s rock with these dudes on the starting lineup.

fournier and kemba have they head up they ass[/QUOT
E]

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Don't know if this has been said but a big portion of this loss is on Thibs. He didn't make adjustments fast enough when they did serious damage in the 3rd. Me & my boy were screaming for Grimes to come in & guard Rubio way sooner. He gets on him & was effective, but for some reason Burks ends up guarding him & he hits 2/3 WIDE open mid range J's. That's terrible coaching. Q should've been guarding him & he has fast enough feet to get over screens w/o needing someone to switch

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Don't know if this has been said but a big portion of this loss is on Thibs. He didn't make adjustments fast enough when they did serious damage in the 3rd. Me & my boy were screaming for Grimes to come in & guard Rubio way sooner. He gets on him & was effective, but for some reason Burks ends up guarding him & he hits 2/3 WIDE open mid range J's. That's terrible coaching. Q should've been guarding him & he has fast enough feet to get over screens w/o needing someone to switch
:francis:And right on queue…. Of course you’re going to blame me.

Money!!

#Knickstape #Saints #Pelicans
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

Yea was wondering how Burks ended up on him, after Grimes looked pretty solid.

Thibs really going to have to start giving Obi some more playing time, he has earned it. It's just wrong that he only played 11 mins, the CAVS had no answer for him

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe we should just NOT play help defense. Why do we even bother helping on drivers? In today's NBA the 3 is a preferred shot over 2. Dudes driving are only looking to kick it back out for an open 3. Thanks to help D, there will always be one. I dunno...maybe Thibs needs to tell these guys to "stay home". Don't leave your man. Ever. The last 2 games I watched dudes look like they're playing 2K rookie mode against us. Everything is dropping. I wanted to punch Rubio in his throat last night tho WTF!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It was nice to see Grimes get a look as a potential stopper, but they gotta use him sooner. This is a momentum sport, and the Knicks REPEATEDLY let shooters get into a rhythm while leaving non-shooters wide open which helps them get hot. It's way harder to cool off a hot hand than it is to stop it from getting going in the first place.

I also have no clue why Thibs won't play Obi more. He was a game changer in the first half and barely played in the second, but still produced. Meanwhile Randle was looking tired on the defensive end, at one point had players clapping at him to make his rotations...he could use the extra five minutes off just as much as Obi could use those five on.

Philly's gonna be back with a vengeance too...this is rough stretch but I'm just hoping it forces Thibs to experiment. Last year it took losses and injuries.

Also, I think this is partially what happens when you stop being a team with something to prove. Hangover games, uneven efforts, and sleeping on opponents are aspects of a team that's too comfortable. The defensive effort at times just screams, "I'll save my energy."