"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Julius shooting 30% overall on jumpers so far :francis:

Last season looking like a fluke shooting wise his shot creation bag has expanded but he’s not knocking these shots down with these Melo-lite moves.
Don't think it was a fluke, it's just that teams made adjustments to him.

Now he sees double teams every night, everybody knows to make him go right and a couple of teams now put smaller players on him to take away his dribble.

It's now on him to make his own adjustments, luckily he's having to deal with this right from the start of the season and not in the playoffs :beli:

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
rj was a blessing in disguise :sas1:
I bet y'all aren't mad we missed out on zion now ha :sas2:
He was the 3rd pick and was considered #1 before Ja and Zion for a reason
ja is going off but he's the 2nd pick :yeshrug:
wings take longer to develop and RJ will be a 2 way monster by the time he's 25-26
if this small sample size is accurate, it's already his team

It was written
oW3j9eY.jpg

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Julius shooting 30% overall on jumpers so far :francis:

Last season looking like a fluke shooting wise his shot creation bag has expanded but he’s not knocking these shots down with these Melo-lite moves.

Teams took note of what Atlanta did to him and are defending him with doubles coming from the baseline and a zone to counter his two-man work...I think he'll be alright though because they're slowing him down at the expense of shooters going off. He's been getting to the basket a bit more so I think that'll pick up some of the shooting slack.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Teams took note of what Atlanta did to him and are defending him with doubles coming from the baseline and a zone to counter his two-man work...I think he'll be alright though because they're slowing him down at the expense of shooters going off. He's been getting to the basket a bit more so I think that'll pick up some of the shooting slack.
Exactly, the need for shooters who can create was to have teams choose their poison. So far it’s been working. Teams are slowing Randle down, but the Knicks are winning the games. If RJ continues to develop it gets even scarier, then the three guard (led by Rose) tandem and Obi off the bench kicks in. It something teams are going to have to problems with.

I still want to see if they can get another elite defender wing to be behind RJ on the roster. Being able to rely on someone else for defense so he can focus on his offense will be important. Just have to see who is available for draft picks.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Exactly, the need for shooters who can create was to have teams choose their poison. So far it’s been working. Teams are slowing Randle down, but the Knicks are winning the games. If RJ continues to develop it gets even scarier, then the three guard (led by Rose) tandem and Obi off the bench kicks in. It something teams are going to have to problems with.

I still want to see if they can get another elite defender wing to be behind RJ on the roster. Being able to rely on someone else for defense so he can focus on his offense will be important. Just have to see who is available for draft picks.
Grimes has that potential on top of being able to score but obviously Thibs won't be giving him min right now.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

If IQ gets his mojo back then this team will really be overwhelming. McBride and Grimes are waiting in the wings, Thibs keeps slipping them out there for little defensive possessions to let everyone know they're not forgotten.

On the early standings, I'm looking at the Thunder, Pacers, and Clippers rosters with hope they'll keep sliding and be deadline sellers. Edit: You know who kinda makes sense if Burks/IQ keep struggling to co-exist? Our usual nemesis in Orlando Terrence Ross.

Last edited: