Death on the Nile

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want And Then There Were None, but The Murder of Roger Ackroyd would be fire with Branagh
Well, they seem to be going for the books with the exotic locations (which is kind of stupid since they're filming these completely in green screen and recreate the locations digitally) so those two are unfortunately unlikely to be made into movies.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Well, they seem to be going for the books with the exotic locations (which is kind of stupid since they're filming these completely in green screen and recreate the locations digitally) so those two are unfortunately unlikely to be made into movies.

I know right. That CGI damn near took me out of Death on the Nile, but hopefully they realize they don't need to..and stick to the standard stuff.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I PREDICTED THE MURDERERS
AND MOTIVE AT THE 54 MINUTE MARK
BEFORE LINNET WAS EVEN KILLED.

IT BECAME OBVIOUS
WHEN SIMON CLAIMED JACKIE
BOUGHT A TICKET TO THE SHIP
BEFORE THEY BOOKED.
:devil:
:evil:
Soon as Linnet stole her man, I called it and the movie didn't even bother to subvert my expectations :unimpressed:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Watched this over the weekend it was fun in a Sunday matinee kind of way

But that VFX was rough as hell, I know a lot of the places that worked on this I've worked at 2 of them, and sheesh they can't even blame the fact people were WFH.

Shots barely looked like they had 1 effects pass. That scene on the pyramid. I'm not sure how any VFX coordinator signed off on it.

:mjlol:

As for the movie itself. Gal Gadot was passable but she is hilariously one-note. Letitia Wright can't do whatever that accent was supposed to be. I also found it curious that Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer were allowed to be kissing and fondling up on one another her and the white boy felt quaint in comparison, they didn't even share a kiss.

And it took me out of the movie that white folks would be that accommodating to her and her aunt. Or that the ship wouldn't have actual Egyptians as the servers and ship staff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I couldn’t make it through the first hour of this, had to cut it off and immediately go to sleep it was so bad

Gal Gadot not even hot no more to me, not sure why, she just looks wack now

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I couldn’t make it through the first hour of this, had to cut it off and immediately go to sleep it was so bad

Gal Gadot not even hot no more to me, not sure why, she just looks wack now
i feel the same way. her looks fell off big time

she looked great in the first wonder woman tho

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I like it, better than the first

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Those were pretty standard British southern aristocratic upper class elite accents. If you struggle with this lord knows what you'll do when you hear a distinct northern working class one. ..

Anywho great film, terrible climax and strong performances all round...

Who is the anti-vaxxer in this cast ?

Yeah it doesn't matter where they are from, I can't parse out what Brits are saying half the time in movies. I even have to watch Harry Potter with subtitles lol.

The anti-vaxxers were Letitia and Russell

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The CGI was over done, story was predictable, the shyt was too long and Knives Out did the same style much better.

:unimpressed: