Death on the Nile

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang

What a cast, an israelite murderous scum, a cannibal and an anti-vaxxer.
Can only hope It's a good movie. :pacspit:
Surprised they didn't bury Hammer.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was great. There wasn't a dull moment, and it had lots of twists. Although in hindsight, I feel like I should have seen one of them. I hope it does well because this genre is fun, and it would be nice to get more of these. I think Knives Out set the stage. I wouldn't mind if they started just adapting all of Agatha Christie's novels. My mom loves her, so I can't wait to take her to see this one. If this movie is any indication, we might see a real renaissance in murder mystery movies. My only beef, as always, were the thick British accents. I can't understand what they're saying half of the time. Definitely will watch this with subtitles the next time. 8.5/10

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was great. There wasn't a dull moment, and it had lots of twists. Although in hindsight, I feel like I should have seen one of them. I hope it does well because this genre is fun, and it would be nice to get more of these. I think Knives Out set the stage. I wouldn't mind if they started just adapting all of Agatha Christie's novels. My mom loves her, so I can't wait to take her to see this one. If this movie is any indication, we might see a real renaissance in murder mystery movies. My only beef, as always, were the thick British accents. I can't understand what they're saying half of the time. Definitely will watch this with subtitles the next time. 8.5/10

Those were pretty standard British southern aristocratic upper class elite accents. If you struggle with this lord knows what you'll do when you hear a distinct northern working class one. ..

Anywho great film, terrible climax and strong performances all round...

Who is the anti-vaxxer in this cast ?

Daps
I went and watched this over the weekend.
It is not as good as Murder on the Orient Express but it is still pretty good.
It adds a new backstory for Poirot that is interesting and the music is actually very good.
I was surprised that Gadot was actually OK in this. She didn't annoy and I was shocked that Russel Brand wasn't annoying in this.
Anyway the mystery takes some time to get going and as a result it really only takes up the last half of the movie.
I guessed who did it before the end and I am usually not that good at that but take it for what you will.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I love Agatha Christie novels, and Kenneth Branagh, and went last night. This was pretty good. My gripe was that there was far too much CGI, not really needed for the Murder Mystery genre. I really hope this finds an audience.

I wonder if they'll do The ABC Murders next.

Daps
nieman,
Do we know they will be continuing with these movies? I had heard that it way underperformed compared to Murder on the Orient Express. That doesn't surprise me as this movie was done back in December 2019. I have not seen anything about the stars going out being interviewed about the movie. I saw some stuff for Branagh talking about Belfast but not this movie.
I agree with you on the CGI. It was everywhere. In "Egypt", under the water, on the boat etc. It could be a bit distracting.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
nieman,
Do we know they will be continuing with these movies? I had heard that it way underperformed compared to Murder on the Orient Express. That doesn't surprise me as this movie was done back in December 2019. I have not seen anything about the stars going out being interviewed about the movie. I saw some stuff for Branagh talking about Belfast but not this movie.
I agree with you on the CGI. It was everywhere. In "Egypt", under the water, on the boat etc. It could be a bit distracting.

I'm sure Branagh can get it done if he wants to. All of those Shakespeare adaptations that he did, none were really blockbusters. He seems to be finding his groove as Poirot, it would be a pity to curb it now.