Dead Presidents 20th Anniversary

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Still one of the strongest pieces the Hughes Brothers did after Menace..People talked shyt at the time but little did we know that we had a 90's version of The Deer Hunter right in front our eyes..Dare ya to watch this and not shed a tear or need a breather afterwards :salute: Honorable Mention: Keith David as Kirby for bein that old skool soulja they just don't make anymore

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
The thing I like most about DP is how everybody involved lost their innocence piece by piece....Some said it was the effects of 'Nam that took a lot of lives away..for some others it was the decision to jack that truck that fukked up everything else even if Anthony felt like he had no other way to survive...

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I can't front. I did shyt on this for some reason when I saw it in the theatre. Only part I liked back then was the armored truck heist. I think cause I was in the Marine Corps at the time and took offense to him getting herbed by Cutty:heh:

But shyt is a bonafied classic IMO. I'll watch it whenever it's on

I couldn't call it at the time but now I think him choking out Juanita after the shyt with Cutty showed how far down Anthony and a lot of other men fell back then..Can't beat the man who's fukkin your lady or the system fukkin your life so u take it out on your woman/kids or do something u live to regret (heroin/blow, drinkin, the robbery)....

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I couldn't call it at the time but now I think him choking out Juanita after the shyt with Cutty showed how far down Anthony and a lot of other men fell back then..Can't beat the man who's fukkin your lady or the system fukkin your life so u take it out on your woman/kids or do something u live to regret (heroin/blow, drinkin, the robbery)....
I think that's still true today unfortunately. Usually that's something that weak men do but Anthony was not a weak minded person in this movie so that made it worse IMO. Juanita did play a part in that though cause she was pushing the shyt out his buttons

Daps
Larenz is very underrated as an actor.

Also:
dead-presidents-punch-scene-o.gif

tumblr_n1zt668vVM1solxm8o1_250.gif

Always been a fan of Clifton Powell

Robbo

All Star
Daps
One of my favorite movies of all time.. constantly quoted between me and my brother/cousins. I had the soundtrack back then too, started out with Sly and the Family Stone on the first track. That was a classic soundtrack. I had the one that was a double album, vol. 1 and vol. 2.