DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths Animated Trilogy (Final part out)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So you could tell they really wanted to make the best movie they could. It really felt like the stakes were high and the world was ending.

But this was the first movie in a long time that was actually good and made me want to see more of these characters. There should have been a build up to this point so I could really care for the characters

All in all I want more movies like this and less filler throw away movies like all the other Tommorowverse movies

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I enjoyed some of the changes from the OG COIE but certain changes I didn't fukk with. All the time jumping had me a lil confused especially with old man Barry. This was my favorite movie out of all the new animated ones

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I did not understand this

127198102_gl6jy7q.png

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
At least you're honest...:pachaha:I definitely gave it the background treatment on first watch and realized I didn't grasp sh!t when it was over lol.

My issue with these is... if the prerequisite to understanding the story of the movie is to already be familiar with and understand the story from the comics, then you’re telling a story poorly.

I watched it closely. No phone no background treatment. But I knew pretty early that this is just one of those ones where you need to already know what’s happened to get what’s happening and what’s about to happen.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Part 1 was probably the closest in tone and vibes we've had to the Timm/McDuffie JLU of the early 2000s. It was a solid somewhat self-contained Flash story, but the intended crowd-pleasing moments with the larger cast of DC characters felt inorganic and empty. Like if Infinity War premiered without the 10 years of character investment.

i.e. What they attempted with Batman, Huntress, and Nightwing fell flat bc we don't know nor care about these specific versions. The Batman(s) we've known have always had Nightwing/Robin.

Stewart and Shayera meeting up was a nice intended nod to us fans from 20 years ago... but it's been 20 years. DC never bothered to cash in on their popularity so seeing that thrown in for 2 whole seconds was meh. Other examples too like Superman/WW, etc but i digress.

Similar with the recent trailer for part 2; a lot going on about the stakes but my emotional stake in these characters were at an all-time low.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Part 1 was probably the closest in tone and vibes we've had to the Timm/McDuffie JLU of the early 2000s. It was a solid somewhat self-contained Flash story, but the intended crowd-pleasing moments with the larger cast of DC characters felt inorganic and empty. Like if Infinity War premiered without the 10 years of character investment.

i.e. What they attempted with Batman, Huntress, and Nightwing fell flat bc we don't know nor care about these specific versions. The Batman(s) we've known have always had Nightwing/Robin.

Stewart and Shayera meeting up was a nice intended nod to us fans from 20 years ago... but it's been 20 years. DC never bothered to cash in on their popularity so seeing that thrown in for 2 whole seconds was meh. Other examples too like Superman/WW, etc but i digress.

Similar with the recent trailer for part 2; a lot going on about the stakes but my emotional stake in these characters were at an all-time low.
Some of this stuff has been hinted at before. Also in theory we’re seeing a culmination of a storyline that started with the Timm/McDuffie era movies if not the TV series. This Flash has rebooted his universe twice from the Timm universe to Flashpoint to the Darkseid War to this current universe and jumped between realities a few times and now we’re here.

I thought the random bum was Constantine, but yeah this is in theory a bunch of movies coming together. Credit to DC for not rushing it and making it a trilogy. My only real hope is we see them do Kingdom Come next.