"Day Two: Anunoby Are You Okay, Are You Okay, Annie? Nah Knicka, Really...What's Wrong?!" - Official '24-25 NY Knicks Season Thread

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I feel like the KAT thing was more so that he forced Jokic to do things on offense when Gobert couldn’t. Not saying KAT didn’t do a good job defensively, but it’s easier to wear a guy out defensively when they have to work on both sides of the court.

And my “who would you rather have” scenario was about OG not Gobert. I’m taking Mitch over Gobert healthy for all the reasons you named about movement. But the fact remains, all those guys didn’t put out the defensive outputs the Gobert did 4 times over a season. nikkas acting like they gave him the award cause he’s some likable guy is crazy. AD wants the award so bad, put a fukking season together where you’re not disappearing for weeks at a time or on the sideline in street clothes. I can’t believe people got me defending that French fukk cause i hate him as much as everyone else but shyt is ridiculous.

4 time DPOY but you'd rather have Mitch. Why are you trying to die on this hill.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
So I’m watching Pacers/Pistons (we play Indiana next) and the Pacers have drastically changed their style. They are not the running and gunning type anymore.

Way more half court sets.

Side note : The Pistons look a lot better with Beasley and Harris

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
4 time DPOY but you'd rather have Mitch. Why are you trying to die on this hill.
Because Mitch has never put together a season as impactful as Rudy Gobert 4 separate times. It’s a season award. We stopped doing this about the MVP years ago cause we recognize it’s not an award for the best player but who had the best season. nikkas just don’t like Rudy (rightfully so) but to act like we don’t know what this is and has always been is what bothers me.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So I’m watching Pacers/Pistons (we play Indiana next) and the Pacers have drastically changed their style. They are not the running and gunning type anymore.

Way more half court sets.

Side note : The Pistons look a lot better with Beasley and Harris
Having guys who know how to play basketball just at a competent level makes a world of difference. Look at the rockets. I never understood why teams surround young talent with other inexperienced young talent and expect to get positive results.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nıgga trash. Told ya. He can't play off ball and is walking Swiss cheese on D. Surprised we even got far with that mess. He will be in China by next season.

Knicks fanbase and arena can do wonders hyping up a mediocre player

On a side note any chance Knicks can bring back reddish :russ:

Bronny clearly took his spot on lakers

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s going to take about 20-30 games. By that point hopefully Mitch and Precious are back and we have a clearer idea of what this team is AND Thibs has had a chance to sneak some practices in with them when they are on the road.
20-30 games is insane.

It’s gonna be a long year for these boys if they can’t get it right quick.

The fans will be insufferable.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Knicks fanbase and arena can do wonders hyping up a mediocre player

On a side note any chance Knicks can bring back reddish :russ:

Bronny clearly took his spot on lakers
Fụck na, he sux. Might as well bring back Knox too.

Either way, I see Ant man coming here once his contract is up to play with Towns.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Because Mitch has never put together a season as impactful as Rudy Gobert 4 separate times. It’s a season award. We stopped doing this about the MVP years ago cause we recognize it’s not an award for the best player but who had the best season. nikkas just don’t like Rudy (rightfully so) but to act like we don’t know what this is and has always been is what bothers me.

So he's had several more impactful seasons but you still wouldn't choose him over Mitch. Got it lol.