"Day Two: Anunoby Are You Okay, Are You Okay, Annie? Nah Knicka, Really...What's Wrong?!" - Official '24-25 NY Knicks Season Thread

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I think we played bad. We have different standards now brehs. We traded everything with the expectation that that this is a championship level team. We don’t have many more levers to pull to improve this team that much. Now, I’m not saying that the season is over and after I stop being emotional, I know we’ll turn it around and look better but this defense is fukking concerning.

I hear you but anytime a team is close to breaking the three point record, not much you can really do.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
It was just stupid rotations allowing them to shoot wide open practice shots all night. As soon as hands went up they started missing. Only Tatum and Brown will make tough shots; the other guys need time and space

There's no such thing as perfect rotations

Tatum hit 5 contested thirty foot shots in the 1st qtr

Y'all acting like three pointers are layups. That shyt is odee far from the rim. Give the opponent credit.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
People really didn’t watch the Celtics last year it’s actually befuddling lol.

They had a historic offense and defense last season & they brought back the same squad, they are an amazing team. We gonna learn from this & be great ourselves.

This, people forget that Boston was BLOWING people out last season on a nightly basis. And when their 3s are falling, they're unbeatable

C's figured out how to glitch the 2k green release into real life
So they had a historic shooting performance from the defending champs that's a automatic L.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
This, people forget that Boston was BLOWING people out last season on a nightly basis. And when their 3s are falling, they're unbeatable

So they had a historic shooting performance from the defending champs that's a automatic L.

Pretty much but you know doomsday is upon us already.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Some positives of a all time bad start

Knicks got some good kids in Huk, KoleK, and Pacome
Bridges was smart enough to start driving for two to get going.
I think they are going to emulate what the Wolves did and move KAT to the 4
Deuce looks like he is ready to step up

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I hear you but anytime a team is close to breaking the three point record, not much you can really do.
You can close out on threes and rotate better. I’m not saying we’ll win this game but I promise you I wouldn’t be this upset if nikkas were hitting threes with hands in their faces. There’s nothing you can do about Tatum shooting dots in Mikal’s face. But Derrick White and Jrue hitting several wide open threes is unacceptable.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's no such thing as perfect rotations

Tatum hit 5 contested thirty foot shots in the 1st qtr

Y'all acting like three pointers are layups. That shyt is odee far from the rim. Give the opponent credit.
When you’re running full speed at Al Horford and Luke Kornet just so they can pass to Derrick White wide open in the corner, it’s stupid rotations.

The way teams shoot 3s, wide open shots are basically layups today. The majority of their shots were not even close to being contested.