Day Shift | Discussion Thread

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Dope for what it is was. People saying this is going to compete with the MCU Blade franchise is outta order though lol, not with that third act.

Tbh at least this movie shows vamps getting blasted and stabbed I can't see MCU Blade being able to do half the stuff they did in this movie whilst retaining a PG13 rating.

Blade is the one MCU film I'm really worried about.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Dope movie watching this I wonder if Blade is going to be able to use a blade in his movie, how is a vampire movie going to work with no blood. The actor got chops but the limitations of the mouse they going to have to raise the violence bar for this.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
This was very entertaining, very simple in plot and setup, but entertaining nonetheless. Snoop’s acting is still remedial :mjlol: …the way he looked at that empty handgun in slow motion in the tunnel:mjlol:…his gun handling….terrible. A sequel with Jamie and the union rep hunting and Snoop on some Blade type ability is obvious…

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This was a very paint by the numbers movie. Whole time I kept thinking it had the makings to be a movie that could’ve did numbers in the theaters if they had tightened up the writing a bit.

Snoop was looking :flabbynsick: tho

Also, why all of sudden did they have good vampires? Whole time Jamie Foxx is killing vampires just for existing until the last 25% where he collars with some good ones.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Just got around to it. A dope weekend flick. I liked that the plot was so simple just "I need bread NOW! My bm trippin and my daughter need braces." not no chosen one save the world or out for revenge type steez.

I thought this was the weakest part of the movie. Not like his girl was dying and he needed some experimental medication.

He really only needed $5k for tuition. The braces could’ve waited. His daughter wasn’t going to die. She was just going to move. I kept thinking “these are pretty low stakes” :mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
has marvel confirmed Blade gonna be MCU'ified?

like ain't they say Deadpool gonna stay rated R?

who's to say they won't approach Blade the same way, knowing the past movies' history w/ violence
They dropped some Blade breadcrumbs in Eternals so it’s likely gonna be part of the greater MCU and hard to rate R

Daps
Movie is jokes :laff:

It's a terrible movie and a good movie at the same time. :pachaha:

Snoop's acting is terrible but it works at the same time :mjlol:

when Snoop gets bit and tries to play it off :laff:

This Franco brother is just as hilarious as James Franco :pachaha:

I used to love Meagan Good but she looks so washed in this movie :mjcry:

I want to see a movie about the Nazarian brothers. They was putting in way more work than Jamie Foxx's character :whew: