David Stern lost his mind. Thinks making 66 games standard is a good idea

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't replicate that feeling for every sport though. You don't watch a good action movie and say "fukk it fast forward to the part where he kills people and stuff" That just reeks of ADD. I think basketball's season is too long, but I also think they can fix that by fixing the playoffs instead. Not every game needs to be a life or death experience, but most games can still be entertaining.

Baseballs fine it has the history and not many teams make the playoffs at all its the least amount of any sport so you have days like last year 162 that no other sport can match..

Nba problem is too many games AND too many teams make the playoffs so thee is no urgency in the regular season..

You know before the season the top teams will make the playoffs..you arent ever gonna have a scenario where a team that can win a title is fighting for its life at the end of the year like the Cardinals..

They have nothing close to what baseball has in pennant races..nobody gave a fukk about the Bucks and Sixers fighting for the 8th seed..

emoney

custom user title
Daps
82 games too many

if they are not gonna shorten the regular season then at least make shorten the playoffs to 3 game series in round 1, 5 games series in round 2, and 7 game series from then onwards

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
i dont know who is the bigger idiot....stern for requesting such a horrible idea, or the nikkas in this thread actually co signing the shyt

That should tell you how the overall quality has diminished. I was thinking the samething somewhat, no way would I have co signed this a decade or two ago. With less games hopefully teams come out playing instead of typical slow starts, less games players are able to handle the workload better and play better. Stuff like that.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
82 games too many

if they are not gonna shorten the regular season then at least make shorten the playoffs to 3 game series in round 1, 5 games series in round 2, and 7 game series from then onwards

:snoop:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
The regular season is too long. After opening day on Christmas all I wanted was for the playoffs to start.

They should drop that ish down to 40! :birdman:

qwicknezz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and how are they gonna convince the players to cut their salary by 20 percent tho? right after they pretty much just lost the CBA negotiations

Crovax

we still winnin breh
Daps
good idea but there is too much money involved for it to ever happen.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Either shorten the regular season to 70~ games or bring back the old playoff format. I'd much prefer the latter...