David Stern lost his mind. Thinks making 66 games standard is a good idea

Polygraph steez

.....even when i lie
Daps
Reppin
i dont know who is the bigger idiot....stern for requesting such a horrible idea, or the nikkas in this thread actually co signing the shyt

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Great idea.

Hockey, Basketball & baseball got too many games

Sounds like a true football fan.

But can people get off this notion that it must start of Christmas? They play on Christmas regardless. It can start earlier than Christmas and still have those games be really good. I like watching basketball on Halloween. I like watching games on Thanksgiving. They can start the schedule at the same time.

Daps
Sounds like a true football fan.

But can people get off this notion that it must start of Christmas? They play on Christmas regardless. It can start earlier than Christmas and still have those games be really good. I like watching basketball on Halloween. I like watching games on Thanksgiving. They can start the schedule at the same time.

It is true though, football is the most popular sport in America for many reasons, but I believe one of the biggest ones is the sense of importance every game has.

That's why going to a game is better, if you go to a baseball game it's just 1 of 162, less than 1% of the season, same goes with basketball/hockey to a lesser extent

In the NFL every game feels big.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
i'm all for a shortened season. does anyone really care about games in late October and late november? The biggest thing is to space the games out so we can limit the sloppy play and all the injuries.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It is true though, football is the most popular sport in America for many reasons, but I believe one of the biggest ones is the sense of importance every game has.

That's why going to a game is better, if you go to a baseball game it's just 1 of 162, less than 1% of the season, same goes with basketball/hockey to a lesser extent

In the NFL every game feels big.

You can't replicate that feeling for every sport though. You don't watch a good action movie and say "fukk it fast forward to the part where he kills people and stuff" That just reeks of ADD. I think basketball's season is too long, but I also think they can fix that by fixing the playoffs instead. Not every game needs to be a life or death experience, but most games can still be entertaining.

Daps
You can't replicate that feeling for every sport though. You don't watch a good action movie and say "fukk it fast forward to the part where he kills people and stuff" That just reeks of ADD. I think basketball's season is too long, but I also think they can fix that by fixing the playoffs instead. Not every game needs to be a life or death experience, but most games can still be entertaining.

Yeah, not every game in football is life or death either, but you know it's meaningful enough to really care about.

I keep track with my Mets every night, but if they lose a game it just feels like another drop in the ocean of games.

No one cares about basketball when football season is just picking up and MLB playoffs are in full effect.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Yeah, not every game in football is life or death either, but you know it's meaningful enough to really care about.

I keep track with my Mets every night, but if they lose a game it just feels like another drop in the ocean of games.

No one cares about basketball when football season is just picking up and MLB playoffs are in full effect.

Unless it's a Marquee match up, you are correct.

It's the same with Hockey. Unless the Bruins are playing Montreal or some other rivalry, I am OK if I miss some of these early season games.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I'm actually all for this.

I made mention on a Filling The Lanes podcast about how 66 game season made the playoff race seem to matter more.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
i would love for the nba to push the season back, still come with the 82 games just extend the season into july.

the we roll right into football season and im not stuck watching wnba games and meaningless baseball games to get me by til the nfl kicks off.

makes it even better in the years the Olympics are here.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
i would love for the nba to push the season back, still come with the 82 games just extend the season into july.

the we roll right into football season and im not stuck watching wnba games and meaningless baseball games to get me by til the nfl kicks off.

makes it even better in the years the Olympics are here.

unfortunately for you that'll never happen