David Stern lost his mind. Thinks making 66 games standard is a good idea

concise

Veteran
Daps
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...aise-issue-of-making-shorter-season-permanent

LOS ANGELES -- NBA commissioner David Stern said Tuesday he would "certainly look at" making a shortened regular season beginning Christmas Day a permanent fixture, while acknowledging the financial limitations of the idea.

"We're going to certainly look at it and raise the issue with the owners," Stern said in an interview on "Rome" on CBS Sports Network. "The reason you don't make it a shorter year is because of the infrastructure that's been built. You have all of the buildings that have been selling an 82-game schedule. You have these local TV deals. You have these network TV deals. So, we'd have to negotiate with our players to take 20 percent less every year on the salaries that they're getting. That is a problem."

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Dude needs to get clapped up quickly, he has ruined the game for far too long and his deputy (and future commish if stern gets his way) is even worse than he is :smh:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
say hello to even higher ticket prices....gotta make up that lost revenue somehow

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I mean, I'm all for a later start to the season, like the Christmas Day games, but just space the games out into May.

In a sport like the NBA with 8 teams from each conference in the playoffs every year, I don't need those extra Charlotte Vs. Nets games before Thanksgiving.

Plus, the summer is dead for sports anyways, so why not push everything 2-3 weeks?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
you know what, I'd be cool with it starting like Listen said but cut the 1st rd to 5 games and playoff games played back to back w/ a 1-2 day gap between games 3-6-7

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
I actually liked this 66 game season there was a great game pretty much every night, but yeah I can see the drawbacks. Spacing of the games is definitely needed but I would be alright with the season starting on Christmas and going later into the year.

Listen's idea seems like a win win scenario for fans and players.

todd1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Portage, Indiana
I think 82 games is too many anyway I just dont like the condensed schedule. If they can stretch 66 games across the normal timspan that a 82 game season had it would make for a more enertaining product, because each game would mean more and you wouldnt have players coasting up until christmas like they do now.

Agree with this