David Jaffe keeping it 100 about that Xbox Showcase

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Imma be honest, I prefer Xbox over playstation but I agree. shyt was whatever. I haven't turned on my PS5 nor my XSX in months... These consoles have been mad underwhelming, because at the end of the day the exclusives, the bangers aren't even going to be here until 3 years into the console generation. So it's like this shyt is whatever, even 3 years in were still going to have cross-platform games. Better to just buy a PC.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
You have to ask yourself, what is going to be driving people to the store during the holiday season to pick up this console?

I keep going back to when the Switch was unveiled and their list of games that were released for the year and upcoming.

post-2410-0-42479800-1488663500.jpg

Zelda has been named one of the ten best games of all time. Where are the experiences happening on Xbox? Gamepass is dope but new products and experiences are what people are clamoring for.

Once their big 3 of Forza, Gears and Halo release what's left? Your console can't be supported by 3 tentpoles. Nintendo and Sony realized this. Xbox is stuck with their head in the sand.
Nintendo was mad smart launching with Zelda and Mario Kart. 1 year in, regardless of the lack of 3rd parties they made sure to put out Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem.

Only thing comparable to Zelda on these next gen consoles is Elden Ring which is also available on PC. I guess you can include Horizon as well.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jada Stevens said:
ya, is this Phil Spencer? Yall gonna have to start streaming smut on gamepass, cuz that showcase aint cuttin it my guy. Better for gamers to watch somebody getting fukked instead of getting fukked with that weak ass lineup
dra29Nm.png

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I'mma be honest I was expecting Xbox to do a huge show and force Sony to come outside.

It's actually unbelievable how we're going another year without seeing Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild, etc. Even Kojima had no footage to show. No Hellbade 2 update. How far along are these games in development?? And the Redfall and Starfield footage looked like a couple more delays waiting to happen. That shyt was a two pack of ass.

The most jarring thing to me was zero Halo Infinite news or updates despite its current state. They really letting that game die smh.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
can yall imagine the amount of shyt sony would get if they decided not to release any games for an entire year? Not to mention only 2-3 big games since the launch of their console with some DLC’s and ports?

People spend weeks crying about sony, doing something dumb like the whole NTSC/PAL thing in Asia, but let them actually stop releasing games.

Incredible

All facts. shyt, we saw it when Sony first party took 6 months off in the second half of 2021, despite still having third party exclusives like Kena, Deathloop, and Endwalker.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'mma be honest I was expecting Xbox to do a huge show and force Sony to come outside.

It's actually unbelievable how we're going another year without seeing Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild, etc. Even Kojima had no footage to show. No Hellbade 2 update. How far along are these games in development?? And the Redfall and Starfield footage looked like a couple more delays waiting to happen. That shyt was a two pack of ass.

The most jarring thing to me was zero Halo Infinite news or updates despite its current state. They really letting that game die smh.

Breh, its really unbelievable at this point.

The lane was completely open for Microsoft to stomp in this weekend and shut everything the fukk down. No Sony outside of their multiplat show, no Nintendo, no big 3rd party dev shows, Keighly’s shyt was nothing….the entire E3 weekend was laid out for Microsoft, no one to compete for airtime with.

G0vd.gif

I’m sitting here thinking they got Avowed, Starfield, Fable, whatever Machine Games and ID Software are working on…all those rumored 2nd party games, probably some shyt no one even knows about. All year you got people like Jez Corden and Grubb constantly gassing up projects microsoft got cookin and when E3 comes its oh…. Well, to make this showcase special we’re only gonna show you the next 12 months of releases. :troll:

And they know damn well half these games are getting delayed so thats not even true. I give them props on their marketing though, they will really make you think they are doing the most with the absolute least. They like the video game equivalent of Tommy from Martin.

Microsoft are their own worst enemies, always have been.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
You have to ask yourself, what is going to be driving people to the store during the holiday season to pick up this console?

I keep going back to when the Switch was unveiled and their list of games that were released for the year and upcoming.

post-2410-0-42479800-1488663500.jpg

Zelda has been named one of the ten best games of all time. Where are the experiences happening on Xbox? Gamepass is dope but new products and experiences are what people are clamoring for.

Once their big 3 of Forza, Gears and Halo release what's left? Your console can't be supported by 3 tentpoles. Nintendo and Sony realized this. Xbox is stuck with their head in the sand.
Well they spent 70 billy because clearly they can’t build their own shyt

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Breh, its really unbelievable at this point.

The lane was completely open for Microsoft to stomp in this weekend and shut everything the fukk down. No Sony outside of their multiplat show, no Nintendo, no big 3rd party dev shows, Keighly’s shyt was nothing….the entire E3 weekend was laid out for Microsoft, no one to compete for airtime with.

G0vd.gif

I’m sitting here thinking they got Avowed, Starfield, Fable, whatever Machine Games and ID Software are working on…all those rumored 2nd party games, probably some shyt no one even knows about. All year you got people like Jez Corden and Grubb constantly gassing up projects microsoft got cookin and when E3 comes its oh…. Well, to make this showcase special we’re only gonna show you the next 12 months of releases. :troll:

And they know damn well half these games are getting delayed so thats not even true. I give them props on their marketing though, they will really make you think they are doing the most with the absolute least. They like the video game equivalent of Tommy from Martin.

Microsoft are their own worst enemies, always have been.

This whole current generation is a dub for Xbox if you ask me. This showcase pretty much confirmed, they aren't dropping any major titles for at least a couple years. Cause if you had the games, you would show them off, instead of putting on a showcase full of all this Game Pass shovelware.

I don't understand how anyone can even defend Xbox at this point. They dangle these giant games like Avowed, Starfield, Fable that are years away from being released, and they want you to subscribe to Game Pass with the selling point being you'll get all Xbox 1P games day one, but instead of playing AAA 1P games you're playing bullshyt indie and AA games while you wait for years for the games you really want to play.

I'm betting well get the refreshed consoles before games like Fable and Perfect Dark.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
MS isn't about producing games they just want the market share and force sony and nintendo to bow down to gamepass..... by allowing it on thier consoles

same way MS is with Windows

japan/gaming little diffrent so it's never going to work.. how bytch ass gates tricked the pc industry

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Xbox division is ran just like the rest of the company...market share is the top priority. It's why they spend more time on their GaaS strategy than the actual games themselves.