Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trash ass post my god

Stop with the dissertations and overanalysis there’s nothing wrong with this guy

And of course this nikka name drops 20 Smack rappers for no reason at all

Wtf is wrong with you nikkas

He's not lying about rappers from NYC being held to a higher standard than other regions. But he's wrong saying Dave East ain't good.

Last edited:
Daps
Tell me what compelled you to bring up the likes of Tom Gist and Gravy on this morning in 2019 :laff:

It’s a difference between critique and hating. Obviously not everyone gonna be a fan of an artist work but I see the same couple of heads always hating in his threads. :dead:

You’re too emotionally invested to differentiate...which is cool. When I was a shorty I used to get super charged over grown men who weren’t feeding me. I’m going to assume you might be down with the team

By the way you can’t possibly be talking funny about Pap & them guys when the same shyt that stalled their career Dave struggles with.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Don't quote me my nikka. You one of the biggest haters in this motherfukka. If you know what you getting from East by now, why the fukk you still in here complaining? Same nikkas will be back in another East thread with 10+ posts.. I didn't say that was the reason. But it's a part of it.
The simple fact u think any reason someone hating on East because of Nas is fukking nuts. Nobody saying he wack. East is just a middle of the pack rapper. I expected more quality from his music. It ain’t that serious lol

It’s crazy. A dude can’t expect a artist to grow lol

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Cats hate Nas so much that East is actually catching heat because of it.
If East was with TDE dudes would be loving him.
I've heard worst albums than this the past few years that
didn't catch the same flack. Solid album to me.
I completely disagree with all of this.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The simple fact u think any reason someone hating on East because of Nas is fukking nuts. Nobody saying he wack. East is just a middle of the pack rapper. I expected more quality from his music. It ain’t that serious lol

It’s crazy. A dude can’t expect a artist to grow lol

I didn't say that was the only reason. But it's in there. So you are expecting Dave to grow. But you just said listening to him was the definition of insanity.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
comments in this thread and others about Dave prove what I say about him. he doesnt make albums that everyone likes. some like some, that others dont like and vice versa. in here, there have been people saying Black Rose was his best, others say Hate Me Now, some say Kairi Chanel, some say Karma 2, some say P2, some say this one, then there are those that like other ones and not those. personally to me, I like this one and Beloved....but like I said, there are many that will choose others above those two. he doesnt have a consistent best or worst album/mixtape and thats because his projects usually try to appease a variety of listeners instead of an actual target audience.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Yeah the album really would've been better off with 4-5 songs being left off as it drags on and on.

Imo, East as at his best being at making introspective/storytelling songs. Those kind of songs are what gonna make him ppl connect to him.

The street/trap songs he makes are hit or miss...mostly uninspired or generic but listenable.

The female songs is by far his biggest weakeness. Since he's been spending time around Meth lately, he should holla at Meth for advice on how to write a good female record.

The songs are just formulaic bullshyt. With his recent popularity increasing, I think he's going to be better off doing TV/Movies than rapping. He ain't getting noticed for his music and I think he's hit his ceiling already musically

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yeah the album really would've been better off with 4-5 songs being left off as it drags on and on.

Imo, East as at his best being at making introspective/storytelling songs. Those kind of songs are what gonna make him ppl connect to him.

The street/trap songs he makes are hit or miss...mostly uninspired or generic but listenable.

The female songs is by far his biggest weakeness. Since he's been spending time around Meth lately, he should holla at Meth for advice on how to write a good female record.

The songs are just formulaic bullshyt. With his recent popularity increasing, I think he's going to be better off doing TV/Movies than rapping. He ain't getting noticed for his music and I think he's hit his ceiling already musically
What can Meth tell him about making a female record in contemporary hip hop c’mon

Female records nowadays are the auto tune crooning joints guys like Lil Durk, A-Boogie, Tory Lanez and PnB make. Meek has been able to run with that formula.

If East came out with a record like that he would be making “generic formulaic” bullshyt. If he makes a regular girl song with a R&B singer on the hook he would be making “generic uninspired cliche” bullshyt. :russ:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Cats hate Nas so much that East is actually catching heat because of it.
If East was with TDE dudes would be loving him.
I've heard worst albums than this the past few years that
didn't catch the same flack. Solid album to me.
If East came out jacking his auntie block in Philly I guarantee he wouldn't catch this much hate :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Would y’all like it if East made a female record going back and forth with a female MC like this