Mixtapes & EPs Dave East - Paranoia 2 (P2) (Discussion Thread)

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Either Prosper or Corey is the best song.

Man, Dave came through big time with this album.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The chronology of the "They Hated" and "Corey" story confuses me.....but, I got it early that Dave was the rap star.

So, Corey snitched on him, and they were still friends after.....I can't think he's just using the name Corey randomly.

"What Made Me" is such a dope track, because I listened to all the same artists, only a few years older than East.

Production is more solid on this project.

Last edited:

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
I want to like this dude's music so bad but my god, is it a chore to sit through...I really just let out a sigh as I resumed the first or second track on p2 (had to pause it).
I share the same sentiment.

This is the first full project I've heard from Dave - previously, I've only heard a track or two by the guy and was kinda hyped with the Nas c/s.

I've only listened through once, but, it was a long listen.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kairi wasn't. I haven't heard Hate Me Now
Hate Me Now was a lil better than Kairi Chanel imo. Def worth a listen. They both about 4 mics to me.

that song with banks is the best song on this imo.
The song with Banks had one of the weaker beats on the tape. It’s a good spitters song but I don’t think it’s a top 3 record on here. Imo. :hubie:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This is the album I wanted from East. Only track I don’t care for on this is “Woke Up”

Prosper, Corey & Violent are :wow:

East is at his best when he’s not trying to make crossover songs. If he had dropped straight KC, I think people wouldn’t be talking down on him the way they do.