Mixtapes & EPs Dave East - Paranoia 2 (P2) (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
For people who listened already, is he making up for how trendy and accessible that last tape was?

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Skipping through hunnids, check out my handle
Get in the way of all these square ships, circles burning your flannel
Chronic zipped, tucked into my chukka, ducking the van crew
Visualize a life from the podium, need the Lambo
Quick to hearing your name and for murder, they get the chance to
You from O.T., then be careful, the streets’ll make an example
Wish me wrong ’cause I been eating more, rest in peace to the restaurant
When you feeling like the hood closing in on you, you need extra arms
Came up being competitive, now it feels like the effort’s gone
You should know I got a star in the ghetto, watch what you stepping on
Rockstar light me up, 18 years old last time my neck been warm
You’re an enemy? Don’t type me, I prolly got a Tec message for em
Voltage high for play two side nikkas, better respect the fences (defenses)
Talking like a gangster, can’t even cover your death expenses
Pushing like it started all over again, that’s what excellence is
Killing shyt’s an extra sentence, leave here with the rest incentive
Holding up the neighborhood, knowing the Hall of Fame is waiting
fukk your thoughts, I worked hard to get it under my favorite bracelet
Could have been the end of race, but you falling, head balling, chain arrangement
nikkas do anything to shine, running out of amazement
Minding your business now is key, don’t lie down in between the problem
I’m from the city, always hungry, Queens to Harlem people starving
No block and you put the work in, get it in line and keep evolving
Put a position that’s gon’ speak for itself when my CD talking

:whew: Banks came through for East on this shyt.

Daps

In my opinion best song on here by miles. I really hope that wasn't homie getting put on blast at the end because geez that's awkward. I thought Annoying was cool too.

I gave this an honest listen and I believe Kairi Chanel is still the best I've heard from him. It's just difficult to listen to someone chasing the lyrical giant lane without holding them to standards. Dave would have been great as the fourth option on a great team but to see him as the main guy? Naaa I give Kendrick the same flack too. I think on occasion Dave can make interesting songs but is he going to be the shining star on a posse cut with the best of the best? Don't see it Will he be able to put out hits? Don't see it...I'm not opposed to being wrong though

kevin arnold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
finally just got around to listen to this.
I thought it picked up at the end just like the first one, pretty good overall.
I get why people say there's nothing "new" about him he's spitting the same old rhymes as everybody in the past. but he's a lot more personal. I know more about his life already then I do with fab's who's been in the game for almost 20 years. I think that's one aspect that makes an artist dope
I like East

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Banks murdered him on his own shyt. More people are talking about Banks than Dave.

In my opinion best song on here by miles. I really hope that wasn't homie getting put on blast at the end because geez that's awkward. I thought Annoying was cool too.

I gave this an honest listen and I believe Kairi Chanel is still the best I've heard from him. It's just difficult to listen to someone chasing the lyrical giant lane without holding them to standards. Dave would have been great as the fourth option on a great team but to see him as the main guy? Naaa I give Kendrick the same flack too. I think on occasion Dave can make interesting songs but is he going to be the shining star on a posse cut with the best of the best? Don't see it Will he be able to put out hits? Don't see it...I'm not opposed to being wrong though
This is what I mean. The biggest problem that I have with people saying "he got next". I just don't find anything he does impressive. He's not a weed-carrier of a group, but he's that dude that nobody really listens to. Like you would think the Nas endorsement would mean something to people in NY, but it doesn't mean shyt. I hate Cole, but that shyt helped Cole carve his own fanbase. It's done nothing for Dave.shyt, girls be talking about his looks (pause) but none of them listen to his shyt. You would think that would get him a fanbase, but it doesn't mean anything. His entire career is a formula of shyt that would be blessings for almost any other NY rapper and he falls short.

I feel like he just listens to "One Mic" and recites the lyrics, acting like he's going to be the next motivational speaker, but to be honest, nobody gives a fukk about what he says because there is no substance to any of his lyrics. He just says smart-dumb shyt that I would've fallen for in High-School, but now, shyt just sounds stupid. You can't ride the "ayo im mad lyrical" and just say words.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I want to like this dude's music so bad but my god, is it a chore to sit through...I really just let out a sigh as I resumed the first or second track on p2 (had to pause it).

I suggest just leave it. He’s not for your type of MC

I’ve listened to it twice back to back and it’s fukking amazing.