Daughter randomly "im starting this summer job on Monday". nikka, I had no idea you were job searching. You are the real GOAT *tears*

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I split time with her grandma in the summer and during school so some things might not cross my path. But randomly today, lil lady told me she was starting a job on Monday as if she was already a working person.

nikka. How did I know nothing about this until today :dahell: . I'm actually happy and that's some mature ass shyt from a 15 year old, it's just surprising as hell because it came out of nowhere.

I'm setting up drivers training classes and this grown ass girl already looking for a job:dead:.

It's just a lil summer job program for teens, but paying 15 hour:dahell:. Its factories that start at 15 a hour. Wtf is my child finna be doing :patrice:. They said helping clean up parks and helping out at old folks homes. That's cool, but for 15 a hour, it's questionable.

What y'all think and what would y'all do next?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Open an account for her at a credit union and set-up direct deposit. That way, you can help her budget and track her income. Also, not a bad idea to get her into some type of financial literacy course as early as possible.

Congrats on raising a responsible young lady instead of a thot.​

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
At least someone in the family is working :skip:

And not just putting in work

full

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Daps
Congratulations to both of you. My youngest daughter got a job at Wendy's last year when she was 16. To be honest I wasn't ready at first. If I were religious I would have prayed to Yahweh, Yesus Christos & Allah for her to not get a job. However, she got a job & I picked her up every and anytime she was done with work. Now she's moved on to another job where she is working with small children for the summer. I'm so proud of her.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
How safe is your community or wherever she will be working the parks?

If its not a dangerous area id let her go for it. Maybe suprise her for lunch and check out her surroundings.
I been in the burbs for a couple years but her grandma got her into the program, she stays close to the downtown area, and that's where my daughter will be doing most of her work at.

Downtown Detroit is safe asf during the day time. My daughter literally stays 5 minutes away from Bell Isle walking distance, so she knows about how parks can be (Belle Isle is a park/island between Detroit and Windsor Canada).

I'm always up there and it's a lot safer since they added park hours back in like 2008, we used to be able to pull up on the Island at 5am and still leave with a whole group of women lol. All parks in Detroit used to bang 24hrs, that changed in 2008 for the better.

Ask SOHH, there was threads about me showing up on Chandler Gone Wild videos pouring cups for my nikkas at Chandler Park. nikkas on SOHH seen me on the video and made a thread lol.

I feel good seeing my daughter being the complete opposite of her mama (my BM has not been involved AT ALL, 100% drunk fukking idiot, never bought a present, never offered knowledge, never provided a meal, ect).

This is something to celebrate for, real talk

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Open an account for her at a credit union and set-up direct deposit. That way, you can help her budget and track her income. Also, not a bad idea to get her into some type of financial literacy course as early as possible.

Congrats on raising a responsible young lady instead of a thot.​
Already on it. I got a college savings account and she has a personal account so I can send her $ when she's not with me.

She ain't even all that big on materialistic things, and I'm not a big on it as I used to be. shyt, I had a 6,000$ pair of Wood Cartis back in 2000 to 2007. The diamonds were worth at least 4500$ lol.

She's not materialistic AT ALL. Even though she likes to be fly, it's not mandatory.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Already on it. I got a college savings account and she has a personal account so I can send her $ when she's not with me.

She ain't even all that big on materialistic things, and I'm not a big on it as I used to be. shyt, I had a 6,000$ pair of Wood Cartis back in 2000 to 2007. The diamonds were worth at least 4500$ lol.

She's not materialistic AT ALL. Even though she likes to be fly, it's not mandatory.
If it weren't for buying gear for breakdancing, I'd have had more cash in the bank......until the Crack Epidemic hit and I had to bounce.

Your daughter ain't gotta deal with that nonsense, thank goodness.

CD's, mutual funds, BitCoin, etc. Lots more opportunities to grow wealth.

You (and she) got this, bro.​