Dat Cloud Demonstration

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:heh: Why are you so mad?? I've known about TVs before I had a retail job. I've done hard research in order to make a TV purchase. Sure pixels aren't everything but they make up a large chunk of the picture quality. You really don't think resolution is the biggest factor in picture quality? Go on AVS Forums and talk about how 720p doesn't matter. I never said anything about being a know it all. I learn something new from AVS Forum everyday. Those are the real experts. But it doesn't take an expert to realize that 720p televisions are being phased out. For a console that's geared towards the future, it's absolutely pathetic that it has a ceiling of 790p when it's direct competitor runs 1080p. Running the same resolution as your 9 year old predecessor?? Unimpressive.
1080p is being phased out for the future :rudy:
4K will be phased out for 6 or 8K
This is how evolution works :ufdup:
You have shown from your reply that you don't know about this stuff. I be on AVS forums and others, resolution isn't the most important factor.
Its almost a non factor. Espeically if you talking about similar resolutions (neighboring ones)
See genius, we talking about video gamign here. So TV size is one thing "casual" know it alls will talk about. But contrast ratios are way more important
Thats why each TV looks vastly different at your store buddy. If you worked there long enough, and seen the 720p TV's you claim don't exist anymore :heh:
Then you seen the 720p sets that look better than the 1080p set that is next to it. You'd know what I'm talking about
Clearly you don't. Thank you for at least attempting to act like you know what you yappin about.
Then we gotta talk about viewing distance. What is a healthy distance for your eyes on a TV that is 55in or bigger?
The human eye cant tell if an image is 720p or 1080p from the proper viewing distances you'd be sitting.

They probably didn't teach you about that in your Wal-mart greeters class :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
didn't fully read this 720p vs 1080p discussion but ill just drop this

resolution_chart.png

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
1080p is being phased out for the future :rudy:
4K will be phased 8K
This is how evolution works :ufdup:
You have shown from your reply that you don't know about this stuff. I be on AVS forums and others, resolution isn't the most important factor.
Its almost a non factor. Espeically if you talking about similar resolutions (neighboring ones)
See genius, we talking about video gamign here. So TV size is one thing "casual" know it alls will talk about. But contrast ratios are way more important
Thats why each TV looks vastly different at your store buddy. If you worked there long enough, and seen the 720p TV's you claim don't exist anymore :heh:
Then you seen the 720p sets that look better than the 1080p set that is next to it. You'd know what I'm talking about
Clearly you don't. Thank you for at least attempting to act like you know what you yappin about.
Then we gotta talk about viewing distance. What is a healthy distance for your eyes on a TV that is 55in or bigger?
The human eye cant tell if an image is 720p or 1080p from the proper viewing distances you'd be sitting.

They probably didn't teach you about that in your Wal-mart greeters class :patrice:

There are no Walmarts in New York City :snoop:
didn't fully read this 720p vs 1080p discussion but ill just drop this

resolution_chart.png
http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/home-theater/hdtv-set-up/

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Looks cool. It remains to be seen how it will be implemented..

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
"We're using the cloud and a collection of devices"

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

If only people knew what those collection of devices were :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Does anyone even know what "the cloud" is :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Entire gaming industry is coming off as really behind the times with all this "cloud" talk:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'all want this to fail so bad. I think tech-wise it seems pretty sweet however... That remains to be seen because it hasn't been used for gaming yet. You can tell based on their always online idea that they were expecting everyone to take in the power of the cloud.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
this entire project is gonna be a failure... :mjlol: cloud based gaming is not gonna work just you wait!

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
This video from 2010 shows Nvidia's CUDA cores at work where a lot more than 30,000 particle chunks are on the screen. Check it out below.

So why is hardware from 2010 more capable than stage presentation hardware from 2014?

Dat Cloud tho...

xbox_one_63207.jpg

Last edited:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This video from 2010 shows Nvidia's CUDA cores at work where a lot more than 30,000 particle chunks are on the screen. Check it out below.

So why is hardware from 2010 more capable than stage presentation hardware from 2014?

Dat Cloud tho...

xbox_one_63207.jpg

LOL ehhhh what? one is real time one isn't

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So what does this actually mean for me moving forward, less framerate issues I see...but seems like there's more to it than that. I still haven't copped next gen, waiting for a year's worth of games so that I got options when I cop one. I'm leaning toward PS4, but this cloud thing is interesting for sure.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If this means i might finally get to play as spidey in a fully destructible manhattan with more than 10 npcs on the street, then im all for it. :blessed:

-DMP-

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Its hilarious that Sony gamers are finding every reason to hate on this technology, yet these same clowns are salivating at the chance to put on a VR helmet and swing two glowing dildos in the air whilst they play. Dudes are really excited at the gay dancing mariachi robot look that Sony is pushing forward with. :heh: